Just Another Mod Idea (Not Too Complicated, Not Too Creative)

Okay, I know I'm not the World's Best Most Creative Person on this forums, much less the world...

But would anybody else just love to have a caves-only mod?

I'm sure this exists somewhere, what with the Caves-Only Runs all over the internet, but I've never seen a mod doing more than some caves set-pieces  spawning above ground. I mean, if you can direct me to the simply solution I've probably missed, please do so...

But until then, would it not be wonderful to have a mod making it easy for those whose computer cannot hand a caves-and-surface world to play the New Reign and Heart of The Ruins update by themselves, or on their own server with friends? Besides, it'd be a fun little challenge, too.

I'd not imagine anything crazy, just... hmmm... okay, how to describe it? Oh! So you know how when you activate caves in the Worldgen, and it then has the button for removing caves? (See Below for Image) Yeah, that button! What if, when you went back to the overworld presets page, there was a "Remove Overworld" button, just right there?

Of course, an added feature for someone who may need a bit of a boost in the harsh, harsh caves could have a mod option of a caves-specific spawn camp right at the now-underground Florid Postern (Fun idea, maybe make a special version of the Florid Postern to spawn at, based around the ruins?). And then there are possibly a few options, the "I cannot do anything without help" option, the "I'm competent but just wanna have fun" option, the "I just want a little, teenie-weenie boost is all" option, and lastly the "I don't need your handouts" options, going from best base camp to no base camp, in that order.

I know someone's probably already made this, or some better, really easy way to make this happen, but I can't find it, so might as well plant the seed of an idea in someone who is actually competent enough to make a mod (anyone but me, really. Seriously, even MR. SKITS made a mod, and I can't be bothered. Oh well...).

I also apologize for my run-on sentences. But my ideas are generally so long I run out of breath before I finish, so this is a step up, I promise.

caves-servers3.jpg

JUST THIS IN: I ACTUALLY FOUND OUT HOW TO DO THIS!

Thanks a million times over to DarkXero for these instruction!

This will be the fifth time I answer this question.

"1) Put the attached file in MyDocuments/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether, next to settings.ini.

2) Generate any world. Preset selections don't matter since the override will be applied.

3) Remove the override so you don't accidentally create new cave only servers.

Note: the override applies on generation only. Resuming an already generated world with a forest doesn't change."

worldgenoverride.lua

Edited by Just Another Webber
Added the Solution

As far as i know you can have a cave only world if you replace the worldgeneration setting by the cave worldgeneration setting. It will not have anything specific unlike some preset, but it should be easy to make a mod letting you start with some lantern/basic stuff i guess.

I think there's a guide somewhere on how to run a caves only dedicated server.

Thing is a bunch of stuff you might take for granted doesn't spawn in caves, like deerclops(so no eyebrella or houndius), no bees(so no stingers for a booster shot either), no walruses(have fun with that), no antlion, no dragonfly,no beefalos, etc.