Interest-check: Mafia/Werewolf Party Game Forum Game

Residays

I want to know if any of you would be interested in playing a Mafia/Werewolf Party Game here in the forums, I haven't seen any so I want to make it simple so anyone can participate and get the hang out of it as it goes, if you don't know what I'm talking about, go here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

I'm thinking of adapting some Don't Starve/Together mechanics as well, and maybe make the roles be based on the characters? I don't have worked on that part, so it's only an idea. I do have some rules from another Mafia I used to host, let me adapt them to a simpler version, here you go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

Spoiler

Rules:

1. Votes, unvotes and possible day actions must be slashed and bolded ( /lynch, /no one, /no lynch or /unvote player ). You must unvote before voting again. If a player votes are greater than 50% they will be lynched immediately (Hammer). Players are unable to vote themselves.
  2. You may not discuss:
    • Outside the game thread with anyone except the game mod and any people specified to you through PMs.
    • In the game thread during the night phases.
  3. If you are not part of the game, do not interfere with the ongoing game unless you are signing as a replacement.
  4. Editing and deleting posts is highly forbidden. If you find a need to change or clarify something made in a previous post, use Edit by Way of Post (EBWOP).
  5. You may not sign with more than one account.
  6. In case of a tie in votes, the person who received the votes first is lynched. In case there are no votes at the deadline, no lynch occurs.
  7. Inform the game mod if you are going to be V/LA (vacation/limited access) for more than one cycle (one day + one night) in total. If you want to drop out of the game, inform the game mod.
  8. Day phases will last 72 hours (3 real-life days) and the night phases will last 48 hours (2 RL days).
  9. During day phase and during voting to lynch somebody, If that person received majority of the votes at the end of the day, they will be lynched.
  10. One extension of 48 hours can be requested per day phase ( /vote extension), and it will only be proceeded if the majority of players agree.
  11. Presenting any kind of copies of private (mod) messages (pictures, word-to-word copies) will result in a modkill. You may still paraphrase PMs, though.
  12. If you find something gamebreaking, you must report it to the game mod.
  13. You must post at least once every game day or you will be replaced, or in case there are no replacements available, modkilled.
  14. Every player has a journal, you may always edit it by sending a private message to the game moderator (/journal), your journal will be seen upon your death. A journal will have your logs automatically if you are part of the Town Faction.
  15. During night, if all players have submitted their night actions (if any), night will end and proceed to the next day, in case of not wanting to use your ability or not having one but wanting to skip the night phase, proceed to inform the Game Moderator of Idling or Being Ready for the next day phase.
  16. As a Mafia member, you may communicate via an external chat with other smugglers as a smuggler during night phases, as long as those Mafia members aren’t disallowed to (Replaced, Killed, etc)
  17. The game begins during Day 0 where no death can happen, simply /confirm to say you received and have understood your role. Afterwards, Night 0 starts, killing roles may visit a target to make it seem they visited them without killing them.
  18. Every player has a maximum of 2 whispers to send per day phase with a maximum of 200 characters. To whisper simply send a message to the host with /whisper [Username to send the whisper to] [Your message] . It will be said in the game thread that you whispered and who you whispered to.

X. Breaking any rules may result in replacement or modkill and depending on the rule violation, a ban from the game mod’s upcoming forum games.

X. Any rules may change during the game. New rules may be added at any time.

X. To join simply say /join Gender (Male/Female/They). In case of not specifying a gender or specifying something else, you will be refered to as a They.

Please reply if you are interested, I don't want to host it if few or none join.

24 minutes ago, Residays said:

I want to know if any of you would be interested in playing a Mafia/Werewolf Party Game here in the forums, I haven't seen any so I want to make it simple so anyone can participate and get the hang out of it as it goes

24 minutes ago, Residays said:

I haven't seen any

There's actually been a lot, not recently but they are there.

(To the message.)
If it's drawn out over a few days so I can respond like once or twice a day and not fall behind, I could do it. If it's a quick match then I probably wouldn't even be on until it ends. I'm not as active recently due to reasons.

Archived