Specifics on Rocket Ship Endgame idea!

Hey all!

I had more ideas about an idea for a "build a rocket ship with your dupes to go back to their planet" as being a possible endgame if a player wants to have a goal in mind instead of just playing as long as possible. I think this might be cool for the devs too because SO MUCH of the infrastructure for these ideas already exists and the game code would't really have to be altered almost at all to accommodate these ideas. It would just give someone like me and someone who wants to "win" a reason to play over and over again. And OMG....the replay value of this game would be INSANELY HIGH if I tried to keep all the existing challenges (food, water , new disease update coming) going, but also had to get as many dupes as I create off the asteroid to their home!

So my beginning thought to this was that the rocket ship (maybe a space station in the "Stations" tab) would be built by the dupes and then you would accumulate some raw ingredients to finish the actual ship, and then eventually take off. But I thought of a few other challenges that could be a part of this. Chlorine has always bugged me. It has no purpose, only a negative reinforcement....but with this idea...it would still be dangerous to interact with, but if you rocket ship's fuel source was maybe natural gas and chlorine...maybe a building kinda designed like a power plant (natural gas power) could be a building that gas pipes go to to store your fuel to escape! That would actually give a purpose to chlorine! And an actual reason to explore an area litered with chlorine!

That same thing could be true for other minerals that tend to not be cared about. Like your ship's space station could double as storage, and you have to stockpile some things like abyssalite, igneous rock, granite, and some unique metals and otherwise so that your ship gets built! So if you get a certain amount of kilograms of said raw materials, gases to fuel your trip, and maybe a research path to allow construction of the fuel storage, these would provide an awesome end game! 

I think it's cool too because all the really difficult infrastructure exists already to achieve this! the gas pumps, gas piping, storage buildings, etc already exist! And the dupes already are programmed to deliver raw minerals to buildings and storage vessels! Cool part as well- it would remain optional by design! If you don't like the idea, nothing is forcing you to have an endgame. You could continue on as the game sits now. But if you want to win- and each new asteroid is different- so it's a unique challenge EACH time to build the ship and escape.....I would be addicted to this wonderful game forever. lol

Archived