Water Bottling Station build idea

I had an idea when i saw the preview of the bottler!

So the little "tree system" where the water bottler actually takes in water to bottle...it isn't very long ... or unique... so I can see a ton of annoyance with having to literally destroy and rebuild the bottler so that it's suction is submerged in water. I think a fix to that could be that right when you build it, you could decide where the suction tubing actually is placed. Maybe even no duplicant "build interaction" required- like the tubing just be placed manually and then the dupes just build the actual main pump itself. (The auto building of the pipes could ensure they go where needed (because dupes always make it insanely difficult to go to far underwater, so building the suction tubing like real tubes could be very tedious)

That way you could build a pool, or use a natural pool, and get the suction tubing to be taking fluid from the bottom of the pool--no rebuild required!

The starting bottler seems pretty clearly a temporary solution, just like the outhouse, and it would be simple to carve out a water pit which will last you through those initial stages.  It would be pretty reasonable for them to at some point add a sink which accepts piped water, as a higher-tier bottling solution for the long term - that's what I'm assuming will eventually happen.  Though considering that right now you don't need bottled water at all after you've completed your research and moved past the musher and algae terrariums, it's not that necessary beyond maybe cycle 40 anyway, really.  I keep wondering if other foods will require water eventually...

Archived