Mikon

Stop Griefers, Start act klei

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Dear Klei,

I play lot Don't Starve Together and im angry when griefers come to ruin our base/camp/builds. I WANT from YOU to do something. This is not first time the griefers grief dst cooperative servers. Here i have proof of grief. Player name: Bo************ (his steam profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/***********). Please Klei don't bother us with ****s that you cant do anything.

server: Spiders and Such - Klei Official (max 8 payers)

ITS TIME TO START ACT

Here Griefer info :

https://steamrep.com/search?q=************************

| steamname: Bo******************
|  steam3ID: *******************
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:**********************
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/**********************
| customURL:
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/*********************

Pictures: (also attached)

Griefer and his name

DO SOMETHING KLEI !

AND EVERYONE WHO EXPERIENCED         GRIEFERS, SUPPORT THIS FORUM

20170630154243_1.jpg

20170630154235_1.jpg

20170630154244_1.jpg

20170630154348_1.jpg

Edited by Mikon
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Cheetos said:

You need to rollback and/or vote kick the player, short of an admin being added to Klei server, which would only be a passionate / dedicated player that Klei could actually trust to help run the servers. They don't seem interested in hiring admins on payroll to play on their servers and maintain griefers.

The only other solution besides the vote system is to play on servers with active admins that are hosted by other community members. You're on a multiplayer steam game now where griefers and alt accounts run rampant.

(Also name-shaming even if I don't personally care, because the individual is a throwaway griefer account, is against the rules If I recall correctly).

Tell me why are the doing that, are they alone, mentally retarded, ill or just for fun. This must stop. I agree with you klei should add ban option, if they cant do more. Hidden name now. but not going good with griefers.

Edited by Mikon

55 minutes ago, Mikon said:

Dear Klei,

I play lot Don't Starve Together and im angry when griefers come to ruin our base/camp/builds. I WANT from YOU to do something. This is not first time the griefers grief dst cooperative servers. Here i have proof of grief. Player name: Bo************ (his steam profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/***********). Please Klei don't bother us with ****s that you cant do anything.

server: Spiders and Such - Klei Official (max 8 payers)

ITS TIME TO START ACT

Here Griefer info :

https://steamrep.com/search?q=************************

| steamname: Bo******************
|  steam3ID: *******************
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:**********************
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/**********************
| customURL:
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/*********************

Pictures: (also attached)

Griefer and his name

DO SOMETHING KLEI !

AND EVERYONE WHO EXPERIENCED         GRIEFERS, SUPPORT THIS FORUM

20170630154243_1.jpg

20170630154235_1.jpg

20170630154244_1.jpg

20170630154348_1.jpg

You must have never used the internet for multiplayer have you. Greifers do what they do for fun and honestly it is fun. You are given enough tools to defend yourself if you do nothing that's your fault and no one else's and I see no evidence that he did anything I'm going to agree with john and say it was a summer wildfire 

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, Electroely said:

I feel like the official servers are good as they are now. The oldest player on the server (the one that spent the most time and supposedly effort) is the only person who can start votes, and you have the option to vote for a rollback or vote to kick someone out of the server. The only thing I feel like they should add to the voting system is the option to roll back more than 1 day in case someone griefs right before day starts.

When the game rollbacks, it chooses the most recent save only if it's older than 30 seconds. Otherwise, it chooses the previous one. So in that case, the game would go back a whole day.

The real problem is not the concept of griefing, it's the reaction when the griefing occurs. Some people just stand there as their base gets burned down, instead you should try to take action. Do you not realize that a "votekick" option or "rollback" exists? What about those mosquito sacks and that ice in the fridge?

It's about time that we stop complaining and do something already. Here are some tips:

1. Don't be afraid of mosquitos, they're just bees against a purple background. They're quite easy to just tank, and if you have some ice, you can turn their sacks into water balloons, which can be used to fight fires or fight the griefer.
  2. Set up your base right. Do not place everything close to each other, instead loosely keep structures apart to delay the griefer in setting everything on fire.
  3. Ice Flingomatics. Personally, since I don't really base in caves for Summer that often, I almost always have an Ice Flingomatic after I've built my icebox, and position all my flammable structures so that they are in range of the flingomatic, but not the firepit. If a griefer comes to burn all your stuff, just turn on your flingomatic and it'll get put out - the griefer may get frozen too, giving you some time to react.
  4. Wickerbottom and Webber, now's your time to shine. Wickerbottom can literally indirectly kill the griefer herself using "On Tentacles". Webber's spider dens and/or spider minions will still be hostile to humans, giving the griefer a bit of a hard time.
  5. If you host a server, please don't let it burn in hell. Do whatever you can to hop on and make sure nothing fishy is going on.

tl;dr: Quit complaining and defend yourself!

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

You see,

this game is intended to be played with friends and not in public servers,

playing in a public server is a good practice session, and the best option for finding good players to play with, but it has its downsides.

some are:

1-Bingeing: even worse than griefers, is bingeing on games, playing straight for hours and hours at a time (some even go as far as playing 6 to 12 hours per day!), compulsive and too much gaming is sometimes referred to "Gaming Addiction"

Take my advice, don't live within the technology of any sort, we're humans not artificial intelligence, we need to take care of our non-technological desires.

Unfortunately, many use these types of games as escapism

2-Griefing

Now here I have a suggestion too, if you want to play in public servers, always have some place for griefers to burn, and ask players for charcoal sometimes.

you see, they'll probably be surprised if you ask them to burn stuff.

3-New players: some join in the winter or summer, are unable to survive, die, swear and get out...

At last, I'd like to mention that Klei is not Valve, we're playing indie games here, punishing players on a public server for what they do is unacceptable.

You should understand that on a public server, especially klei's servers, everybody and anybody can join, and it will reset 1-2 times in 1-2 days, so try not to build a masterpiece if you can't let it go.

Edited by Arash70
4 people like this

1 hour ago, Electroely said:

I feel like the official servers are good as they are now. The oldest player on the server (the one that spent the most time and supposedly effort) is the only person who can start votes, and you have the option to vote for a rollback or vote to kick someone out of the server. The only thing I feel like they should add to the voting system is the option to roll back more than 1 day in case someone griefs right before day starts.

I agree with this, it would be better if we could decide to roll back one or more days. 

By the way, the oldest player not always can start a rollback. I was on a public server and got griefed, after which the griefer quit. There was only one other player beside me, and I (even if I was the eldest) couldn't start a vote, because there weren't enough players for that. If it would be possible to start a vote with 2 people (or maybe even alone, if you're old enough?), it would help in many cases.

2 people like this

I agree with what others have said about DST. That it's a game that you play with your friends and not with random people(Klei servers).

One problem you get when making reports is that it's too easy to get someone you hate banned by changing your name(or a friend changes his/her name) and make a few screenshots and then take the profile of the person you hate and post it here.

I am an admin on a server on another game and I have seen this type of problem before. Someone, let's call him/her "Y" reported someone let's call this guy "X". It looked like X said a bunch of things(insulting other players) but we knew that X didn't do that because we knew he would never do that. He has been on the server a long time and we have never had a problem with him before, maybe the only problem was that he was useless(not doing any dmg to other players) but there is a big difference between being useless and insulting players. Sure he does make a few jokes about how bad you are and other stuff but nothing serious. It is also possible sometimes to have the steam profile on the screenshot on that game so there is a difference between that game and this game.

Sure I do ban people because of what the screenshots show even thought that it doesn't show me any profile. In this game you would need to make a video for each report.
Klei might be able to add something that shows the steam id or something of the players in the game while you play and have the ability to turn it on/off(Hide it). How it could look like:

Spoiler

DST2.png

Maybe there is already a command that shows the id of players in-game? I don't remember if there is one.

Klei could give a few people admin perks but only those that they trust if they are playing on the servers. Maybe those who are mods here on the forum.

I prefer to play with myself alone than playing with strangers because they might make it harder for me, take my stuff, not leave the base when hounds are coming etc etc.

It is also possible to make mistakes. Maybe someone pressed the wrong button and accidently burned the base?

1 hour ago, SkyCommision said:

Took the words right out of my mouth. Klei has given us enough tools to deal with griefers so the responsibility falls on us players to sort things out ourselves. All ya gotta do is figure out who did it, kick then, restore the world then continue on with your lives.

5 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

That was caused by summer wildfire, not a griefer.

This.

3 people like this

By complaining or giving voice to them, that'll only encourage them to continue. Try the silent method of vote kick and rollback without saying a word. Trust me it has a bigger effect.

Also when did griefers become so unoriginal... Burning a base down is boring. I admit Ive "trolled" before but NEVER did I destroy something (directly). 

As seen in my screenshot.. Im very messy lol. Another time I accidently had a Clockwork Rook chase me across 3 different biomes into a base.

PS_Messages_20170423_022100.jpg

2 people like this

13 hours ago, SkyCommision said:

The real problem is not the concept of griefing, it's the reaction when the griefing occurs. Some people just stand there as their base gets burned down, instead you should try to take action. Do you not realize that a "votekick" option or "rollback" exists? What about those mosquito sacks and that ice in the fridge?

It's about time that we stop complaining and do something already. Here are some tips:

1. Don't be afraid of mosquitos, they're just bees against a purple background. They're quite easy to just tank, and if you have some ice, you can turn their sacks into water balloons, which can be used to fight fires or fight the griefer.
  2. Set up your base right. Do not place everything close to each other, instead loosely keep structures apart to delay the griefer in setting everything on fire.
  3. Ice Flingomatics. Personally, since I don't really base in caves for Summer that often, I almost always have an Ice Flingomatic after I've built my icebox, and position all my flammable structures so that they are in range of the flingomatic, but not the firepit. If a griefer comes to burn all your stuff, just turn on your flingomatic and it'll get put out - the griefer may get frozen too, giving you some time to react.
  4. Wickerbottom and Webber, now's your time to shine. Wickerbottom can literally indirectly kill the griefer herself using "On Tentacles". Webber's spider dens and/or spider minions will still be hostile to humans, giving the griefer a bit of a hard time.
  5. If you host a server, please don't let it burn in hell. Do whatever you can to hop on and make sure nothing fishy is going on.

Absolutely completely useless.

1. Griefers have more torches than you have water balloons.  Always.  Torches are cheap.

2. Except then you need more ice flingos for natural fires, and nothing is efficiently placed together.  You're just damaging your own camp now through bad design.  Unless you spread your base across several biomes, it's not going to have any appreciable delay to a maniac running with a torch.

3. Hammers break flingos and are only slightly more costly than torches.  Better have all the rocks in the world in your inventory...

4. Yep, plant spider dens and summon tentacles in your camp.  That'll dissuade the griefers!  Brilliant.  Better yet, why not surround the camp with moonrock walls and fill all free space with broken grass walls; then when griefers attack, seal the exits with more moonrocks and let them roast to death?  Besides the whole "they don't care if they die and you destroyed your base to save it" thing...

Just stick with point 5.  That's the only thing that works.

3 people like this

6 hours ago, TemporaryMan said:

Absolutely completely useless.

1. Griefers have more torches than you have water balloons.  Always.  Torches are cheap.

2. Except then you need more ice flingos for natural fires, and nothing is efficiently placed together.  You're just damaging your own camp now through bad design.  Unless you spread your base across several biomes, it's not going to have any appreciable delay to a maniac running with a torch.

3. Hammers break flingos and are only slightly more costly than torches.  Better have all the rocks in the world in your inventory...

4. Yep, plant spider dens and summon tentacles in your camp.  That'll dissuade the griefers!  Brilliant.  Better yet, why not surround the camp with moonrock walls and fill all free space with broken grass walls; then when griefers attack, seal the exits with more moonrocks and let them roast to death?  Besides the whole "they don't care if they die and you destroyed your base to save it" thing...

Just stick with point 5.  That's the only thing that works.

You could just vote rollback...

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

How is a newcomer to the game supposed to know about "rollback"? From what I can gather, the creator of this topic didn't even know that and didn't know that wildfires are a thing in Summer. How is a player who knows nothing of the game supposed to know that? How is a newbie supposed to fight griefers? How come wildfire destruction is justified a rollback; doesn't that defeat the purpose of the mechanic?

I do sometimes wonder; how come (in real life) it's common knowledge that Winter is a cold and a harsh season, but Summer is glorified as this most amazing season in existence, despite the fact that extreme heat and wildfires are a genuine thing?

Edited by EuedeAdodooedoe

Posted (edited)

Here is a quote:

“There’s a fascinating frailty of the human mind that psychologists know all about, called “argument from ignorance.” This is how it goes.

You see that most of your base has been destroyed. You’ve never seen this happend before and don’t understand how it could have happend. You say, “It’s a GRIEFER!”

You think, “I don’t know how this happend; it must be someone else that destroyed my base” The issue here is that if you don’t know how something happend, your interpretation of it should stop immediately. You don’t then say it must be X or Y or Z. That’s argument from ignorance. It’s common. I’m not blaming anybody; it may relate to our burning need to manufacture answers because we feel uncomfortable about being steeped in ignorance.”

-Neil DeGrasse Tyson

You should ask someone here on the forums or go to the wiki before saying "It must be a griefer, seen screenshots of this before and therefor it must be a big problem". Maybe it was a griefer but it is more likely that it was other stuff because only stuff that couldn't burn are left. If you have any questions about the game just ask. We will happily answer the questions that you might have.

Edited by MrKoopa
Changed it a little
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well what would Wilson say?

Ice-flingomatics

use them, dont make this complicated

Edited by Arash70

The structures are a bit too far for all of them to have burnt from one wildfire. 3-4 clusters at most.

This was more likely to have been griefing based on the screenshots, but they do not prove that it was that player even if the skeleton was from dying to Fire.

7 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I do sometimes wonder; how come (in real life) it's common knowledge that Winter is a cold and a harsh season, but Summer is glorified as this most amazing season in existence, despite the fact that extreme heat and wildfires are a genuine thing?

I have a friend who was obsessed with this argument, and he had quite a bit of evidence that summer can be as deadly as winter. And of course, it's only going to get worse.

On ‎30‎.‎6‎.‎2017 at 11:59 PM, oCrapaCreeper said:

The lack of an Ice Flingomatic makes it appear that was a wild fire, not a griefer.

I dont agree, i saw it in live action.

Posted (edited)

On ‎30‎.‎6‎.‎2017 at 10:18 PM, Angibot said:

This.

no, it was, i saw him, in action

Edited by Mikon
it = him