Impossible 75Kg Water for Mush Bar & 50Kg Water for Liceloaf

How to eat 75Kg mass of water (Mush Bar) and 50Kg mass of water (Liceioaf) each days for one guys?
is it the normal setting? Are you serious? A guy must take the water fifty times... running 12-18hrs...

Otto

20170628145805_1.jpg

20170628145808_1.jpg

Your Dupes can pick up the 75kg in one go, the numbers in the game are exaggerated, essentially that bar consists of 0.75kg water and 0.75kg dirt, but they just made the numbers immense.

Sometimes you might get an annoying patch of water where there are 1kg droplets which your dupes will collect over and over again for ages.

I made some research about it. Dupes will pick 1000 g packets of water if you let them collect it from puddles. In fact, 1000 g is the minimum they can pick, and they can pick it even from a puddle that's been already drawn dry by another dupe, thus creating water from thin air.

Make sure you mop your wet areas. Then your dupes will go collect water from your clean water pool and will bring greater amounts than just 1 kg.

There was a previous thread where a person had a sink designed and it worked wonders for me, It was a pit that was 2 blocks high and contained a water outlet at the bottom of the pit, this then filled with little over 1000kg, I put this in my kitchen and it was a godsend. I will try to find it.

A well in the kitchen:
well.png

Tiles touching the water are Abyssalite so it can be fed directly from a steam geyser without thermal effects on the surroundings.

Only make sure that they won't vomit into it, as that would remove the blocking of the vent (leading to endless pumping and massive overflow).

The next big content update will apparently have 'wells' that your dupes will draw water from (and ONLY from these wells) so this will allow you to control where they pick up water.  These wells will take up quite a bit more room than the 'sinks' shown above though.  Maybe down the line Klei will introduce actual kitchen sinks, as a tech upgrade?

Personally I try to skip mushers altogether, just subsist off of lice and muckroot and find sleet wheat as fast as possible.  It feels unbalanced that cooking stations require no water, and less power.  I'm wondering if that'll be re-balanced someday.

Archived