Elevators and Airlocks/Hatches for Ladders.

Not sure if anyone has suggested this or not. I went back several pages and didn't see anything. 

It would be awesome if this game had elevators. I'd imagine they'd have to work about like similar games... as teleporters. Dupe goes in one door, comes out another. Obviously, this would have to be restricted to vertical movement, a need for electricity, and it would probably need to take up more than 1 tile. 

I was thinking it could be made of two parts. Doors and shafts. To build an elevator, you place at least two doors. Doors would probably be 2x2. 1 door per floor. Shafts could be 2x1, so that you could connect floors with odd heights. 2 doors on top of each other would probably only work for floors on opposite sides of each other. You would need to place shafts for floors that are stacked by at least one tile. Then to keep it somewhat expensive to restrict it to end-game use, each door would require power. 

As for the other suggestion, it would be nice to be able to seal ladder shafts with on-ladder airlocks so that you can keep rarely-used top/bottom sections of your base sealed without constantly switching out ladder/tile pieces. 

If I understand you correctly, you can just leave the space where you need to put an airlock empty without a ladder. Dupes can jump from ladder to ladder if there is one empty space in between. Useful for scaffolding. I would like to see ladders being able to over lap with airlocks but it's just an aesthetic thing

10 hours ago, Executive_Lurker said:

If I understand you correctly, you can just leave the space where you need to put an airlock empty without a ladder. Dupes can jump from ladder to ladder if there is one empty space in between. Useful for scaffolding. I would like to see ladders being able to over lap with airlocks but it's just an aesthetic thing

I don't think you're understanding me correctly. 

I'm talking about a way to close ladder shafts. Like a 1x1 ladder tile with a hatch at the top that dupes can move through like any other ladder piece, but which also works as an airlock. 

Archived