t1morino88eex    251

Awesome! One question: in the last screenshot with the beequeen, where does wickerbottom stand when reading the on tentacle book? Are there any chances of tentacles spawning outside the walls?

Electroely    1,756
24 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

Awesome! One question: in the last screenshot with the beequeen, where does wickerbottom stand when reading the on tentacle book? Are there any chances of tentacles spawning outside the walls?

I believe the tentacles are meant to spawn outside the walls.

Hobgoblino    234
26 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

In the middle of the walls, a bit closer to the center. The tentacles will always spawn in the center. I prefer it this way compared to having tentacles on the border of the walls because this way more tentacles will attack the bee queen.

Shosuko    187

Looks awesome!  You say you survive off of honey only?  Do you just eat honey straight?  Is it because honey has such a long parish timer?

Hobgoblino    234
17 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Looks awesome!  You say you survive off of honey only?  Do you just eat honey straight?  Is it because honey has such a long parish timer?

Yeah, I eat honey directly, no cooking it in the crock pot or anything. It's because it's really easy to get a ton of it from bee boxes with minimal effort (after building the boxes and planting the flowers). The long perish times means I can always carry a stack and never worry about spoilage. I bundle most of the honey I harvest during summer so it lasts throughout a year or longer.

• Like 1

Shosuko    187

Great tip ^_^ thx

I've always been a fan of bee boxes.  I think they're cool.  They don't fit well into many crock pot recipes though, so they get pushed off.  This gives me a good reason to go build a dozen of them now haha XD

fimmatek    631

This is amazing! Great work! :) I'd had a few questions about it: 

How long did it take to build this base?

Is the honey enough for all of you through whole winter? 

And how do you farm reeds? For all those books and darts you need them regularly, right? After building such a good base, I don't think you run the whole swamp every few days.

Hobgoblino    234
1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

How long did it take to build this base?

As said in the title, about 900 days.

Is the honey enough for all of you through whole winter? 

Not just winter, but the whole year or more. We only harvest during summer (rarely during other seasons) and bundle most of it. Only 3-4 of us really played in the base, so we don't need that much food.

And how do you farm reeds? For all those books and darts you need them regularly, right? After building such a good base, I don't think you run the whole swamp every few days.

We farm reeds like with the twigs/grass, since we have a reed trap.

• Like 2

defleshed2    6
1 hour ago, Hobgoblino said:

We farm reeds like with the twigs/grass, since we have a reed trap.

My question is.... did you regen the world until you got a reed trap? bcuz thats pretty dam rare if you got it the first go.

• Like 1

brbrmensch    420
15 minutes ago, defleshed2 said:

bcuz thats pretty dam rare if you got it the first go.

without mods (as stated) it's not too rare to find actually, you can check if pretty quickly when at the start of new world (somewhy doing c_gonext("reeds") leads you to trap, i think because it spawns before regular ones) (and you can even do c_reset if you don't want your glimpse of map opened and invite rest of party)

my questions are: so you don't mind wearing goggles for entire 15 days of sandstormy summer, right?

how far you run away from deerclops?

where are the underground bases? or is it just a row of bird cages at exit and some chests in ruins?

• Like 2

Hobgoblino    234
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, brbrmensch said:

my questions are: so you don't mind wearing goggles for entire 15 days of sandstormy summer, right?

It's kinda annoying because the sandstorm visual effect doesn't completely disappear, but I think it's totally worth it not having to manage a ton of flingos.

how far you run away from deerclops?

We usually go at the entrance of the triple mactusk biome.

where are the underground bases? or is it just a row of bird cages at exit and some chests in ruins?

No underground base for now, I don't really like building underground. All we have is about 16 bird cages at the entrance and 3 lazy deserters (one at entrance, one at the atrium gate, one at an ancient pseudoscience station). We don't need chests in the ruins, we can fully raid the ruins in one go with 3 players (mine all statues, hammer all broken clockworks and pseudoscience stations, kill all damaged clockworks, kill ancient guardian, loot all chests and get items from all the cave holes).

Edited by Hobgoblino
  • Like 2

plizeee    0

10 hours ago, Aeschwutz said:

I'm imagining that I hosted that server, my PC would kill itself.

Yeah... During the spring it can become laggy if near all the bees at once (only happened once or twice). Usually most of the lag occurs from the actual players because I host the server on my machine and people live like across the world, so high ping is to expected (which is why lots of players were only able to play occasionally [sorry koala, mush & sketch]). But yeah, I run the server as dedicated (typically minimizes lag over client hosted) and the PC running the server is fairly beastly for the purpose of running the server 24/7 and being able keep up with multiple players at once.