Bulk oxygen purifier!

Guys, what the heck?  1.  There's nothing wrong with using debug mode for theorycrafting.  2.  When someone posts an old design either not knowing or not caring that it's old news at this point, telling him to "prove his concept", like it's new and needs to be proved, is just encouraging him!  Are you counter-trolling him or something?  I can't tell.

30 minutes ago, ChickenStealer said:

It's about the theory behind it! As far as i know, this is the most efficient one in the latest update.

I ran the save file, it's not really new, but it looks pretty efficient, you're running the hydrogen right under the condensation point, your heat exchanger between the cont. o2 and the clean o2 is huge.  The only unrealistic part is that you're cooling your thermoregulators with a giant gasfield the size of the whole map, but that's not really a big deal, since it's well known you could cool them with 2 wheezes per TR in pressurized hydrogen.  The real problem, practically, is that there's not that much benefit to upsizing your purifier, pumping a consistent 900g/s of polluted O2 to your purifier is not something I find all that practical in the long term outside of debug mode, unless I'm producing it intentionally in a large complex.

1 minute ago, Trego said:

I ran the save file, it's not really new, but it looks pretty efficient, you're running the hydrogen right under the condensation point, your heat exchanger between the cont. o2 and the clean o2 is huge.  The only unrealistic part is that you're cooling your thermoregulators with a giant gasfield the size of the whole map, but that's not really a big deal, since it's well known you could cool them with 2 wheezes per TR in pressurized hydrogen.  The real problem, practically, is that there's not that much benefit to upsizing your purifier, pumping a consistent 900g/s of polluted O2 to your purifier is not something I find all that practical in the long term outside of debug mode, unless I'm producing it intentionally in a large complex.

Yeah, I was just looking for a way to be energy efficient. Other than that, is there a way to test with this wheezewort in debug? The design can be a quarter of it's size while still producing 500 g/s probably.

2 minutes ago, ChickenStealer said:

Yeah, I was just looking for a way to be energy efficient. Other than that, is there a way to test with this wheezewort in debug? The design can be a quarter of it's size while still producing 500 g/s probably.

The teleport command, alt-Q, or just spawn some minions and some food, insta build some ladders, have them gather the seeds and manually plant the wheezes, then you can let them die again.  You're limited to the wheezes that spawn in the map but when you clear half the map like that you'll have a bunch of seeds drop to the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Trego said:

The teleport command, alt-Q, or just spawn some minions and some food, insta build some ladders, have them gather the seeds and manually plant the wheezes, then you can let them die again.  You're limited to the wheezes that spawn in the map but when you clear half the map like that you'll have a bunch of seeds drop to the bottom.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, GreatGameDota said:

ideas are terrible

So you hate new ideas and want to shackle original thinkers by imprisoning them in asteroids forever?  I disagree with you wholeheartedly; I think that new ideas are great.

(This game is kinda fun but let me know if you want to have a real discussion)

It's a better design than your previous bug-exploiting one, but it is way too bulky to be practical in survival mode. Space and especially abyssalite for high or low temperature rooms and abyssalite pipes are at a premium, except perhaps for people with such long running saves and huge bases that they've cleared out most of the map.

A small design that minimizes needed space and abyssalite makes it easier to adapt to a survival save. It will tend to push the limits of what it can handle without going over and causing damage to any components.

It's the purple stuff that separates biomes by preventing heat transfer. Since it's only on the borders there's not as much of it as other types of rock, each tile has only 500 kg and it goes fast at 200 kg per tile. normal gas pipes made of it are fairly cheap at 25 kg, normal liquid pipes are 100 kg, but the insulated variants use 400 kg a piece.

1 hour ago, Sevio said:

It's the purple stuff that separates biomes by preventing heat transfer. Since it's only on the borders there's not as much of it as other types of rock, each tile has only 500 kg and it goes fast at 200 kg per tile. normal gas pipes made of it are fairly cheap at 25 kg, normal liquid pipes are 100 kg, but the insulated variants use 400 kg a piece.

Since I dug out systematically about 1/6 of the asteroid, abyssalite is the most common material I have (1154 tons) followed by igneous rock (1027 tons).

vWYb3o5.jpg

It's "only" between biomes, but it's around every biome. It's fairly common.

Archived