Simplified Oxygen Purifier

ac92e7ca96.jpg

Hi, this is my first post.

I heard about the concept of air purification by turning it into liquid and using it later. While I viewed a few examples I found many inefficiencies that I removed.  This one consumes 100.6 g/s of hydrogen and produces about 1000* g/s liquid oxygen. Are there any tips for making this better?

Thanks, I was not aware that the pumps did 500 g/s each.In that case it is 1000 g/s Still quite efficient right?. Btw, this is perfectly doable without debug! In fact, In my next campaign I am planning to condense all CO2 produced instead of using the costly filter method.

1 hour ago, ChickenStealer said:

turning it into liquid and using it later

I don't see a liquid pump that's "using it later", it looks like you run a closed loop. Are you sure the contents of the pipe isn't warming up?

Thanks, I was not aware that the pumps did 500 g/s each.In that case it is 1000 g/s Still quite efficient right?. Btw, this is perfectly doable without debug! In fact, In my next campaign I am planning to condense all CO2 produced instead of using the costly filter method.

But you can't do it without the thermodynamic bug, which is what he was objecting to.  When you present a system that is dependent on an exploit, and ask "how can I make it better?", the answer you're always going to get is "do it without the exploit"; even if you have made the best usage of that exploit anyone's yet seen, you'll still get that same feedback.  It's the nature of the beast.

1 minute ago, ChickenStealer said:

Hahahaha, this is epic. I never expected so much jealousy out of this xD

I mean, I saw tepidizer posts too, but those did not earn the same amount of hate. Not even close!

If you think there's a lot of jealousy and hate in this thread, I'd recommend getting out more.

20170623000136_1.jpg

simply dropping liquid oxygen like so into polluted oxygen produced around 3000 g/s of liquid oxygen from polluted oxygen, while using only 240 watts. Sadly, there's not much pride to be taken in designing machines that A.  Start with a prerequisite of already having huge quantities of the thing you're trying to produce.  B.  rely on exploits to function. C are shoddily thrown together in debug.

Sir, the big difference is that my design does not need huge amounts of stuff and can be built in survival mode.

Your method looks impressive as well, how does it work? Would't the liquid eventually start warming up?? Also, how is this 3000 g/s if the pump only pumps 500 g/s?

Just now, ChickenStealer said:

Sir, the big difference is that my design does not need huge amounts of stuff and can be built in survival mode.

Your method looks impressive as well, how does it work? Would't the liquid eventually start warming up??

I designed my machine to use the same amount of stuff as yours does.  I would say that qualifies as a huge amount of liquid oxygen.  You are free to disagree, of course, but I think you'll find you're in the minority.  Either is buildable without debug, that's not the issue.  Neither was.

I ask you the same question.  How does yours work?  Wouldn't the liquid eventually start warming up?

A. Moving fluid through a pipe resetting to the original temperature is a bug that was fixed weeks ago, if that's the exploit you're using then your picture is old, and your setup no longer works.  I thought you were using a new exploit that hasn't been fixed yet, although it will be next update.  The 'hydrogen bubblers' you've been responding to are not using that old exploit, since it has been fixed, although they may be taking advantage of the new exploit unintentionally, it's kinda hard not to either be helped by it or be hurt by it.  If you look at hydrogen bubblers from months ago then yea, they're all using that old exploit.

B.  You haven't given any proof that your thing produces any amount either, you made a claim which was clearly impossible, and then amended your claim. 

How is mine clearly impossible? If you didn't lie this time and it does not work on the current version, then so be it. 

There are 2 pumps running non stop pumping polluted gas into it. This sums up to 1000 g/s. 

Yours does not even have a input for the air and can't possibly make 3000 g/s! xD

Your claim that it made 2000g/s a second was clearly impossible, since your pumps only handle 1000g/s

I didn't lie any time. :)  Go look at the patch notes, you'll see they say that bug was fixed.  patch 218235 : "pipe contents should no longer reset their temperature"  It's the first line :)

Both of our machines only function as long as the polluted o2 in the box lasts.  .  Mine moves the liquid o2, which is more efficient power-wise then moving gas. :)  So much jealousy and hate from you. :(:(

Hahahaha, this is epic. I never expected so much jealousy out of this xD

My favourite comment by far. Alas i am not jealous because I do not have polluted oxygen in my more current base to use XD

Also I do not know if its an exploit or not but having an enclosed pipe system to me is cheaty in general, so I would never use it, I also like to build assuming that things are going to be fixed i.e pipes conducting heat properly so i'm too lazy to build weird and complicated things XD

35 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

My favourite comment by far. Alas i am not jealous because I do not have polluted oxygen in my more current base to use XD

Also I do not know if its an exploit or not but having an enclosed pipe system to me is cheaty in general, so I would never use it, I also like to build assuming that things are going to be fixed i.e pipes conducting heat properly so i'm too lazy to build weird and complicated things XD

No one else is jealous either...so why is it your favorite comment?  Puzzling.

enclosing a pipe system is not an exploit nor is it cheaty.  Why do you think it is cheaty?

In real life if a pipe was closed off and had nothing to make the air flow, then thermodynaics would cause hot air to rise and cold air to fall, eventually it would settle at an equal temperature*. In this the gas just flows round and round does it not by the magical forces to be, So without a machine pushing the air around inside it or something keeping the air inside it cold I wont use it because I feel its cheaty, like i said to me its cheaty:) everyone has there own thoughts about it

it was my favourite because he thinks everyone is jealous, it just tickled me a bit is all.

*Assuming no external forces heat the pipe up

Well im sorry, i never knew that Ice melting or water turning to steam didnt happen in real life (I can give you lots of other things), I apologise that I thought that this happened in real life, please forgive me oh great one.

He only asked why i felt it was cheaty, and that was my reason.

1 minute ago, BlueLance said:

Well im sorry, i never knew that Ice melting or water turning to steam didnt happen in real life (I can give you lots of other things), I apologise that I thought that this happened in real life, please forgive me oh great one.

He only asked why i felt it was cheaty, and that was my reason.

Yeah yeah, and the dupes walk like humans.

Other than that, the game works completely different. Each tile can only be occupied by one "gas" material at the same time, The travel trough pipes is completely unrelated to the relative pressure. Stuff overheats at 125 *c and Wheezewort cools the air down. Also, the world is 2D.

3 hours ago, BlueLance said:

In real life if a pipe was closed off and had nothing to make the air flow, then thermodynaics would cause hot air to rise and cold air to fall, eventually it would settle at an equal temperature*. In this the gas just flows round and round does it not by the magical forces to be, So without a machine pushing the air around inside it or something keeping the air inside it cold I wont use it because I feel its cheaty, like i said to me its cheaty:) everyone has there own thoughts about it

a.  The air wouldn't stop in the pipe because it didn't stay cold, it would stop because of friction.

b.  in this game valves and bridges function like pumps, they have inputs and outputs and push the air out their output.  This is a design choice by Klei, so it's not cheaty to use it.

c.  Valves and bridges are unpowered, which is unrealistic, but Klei hasn't provided a powered, inline, alternative,so again, it's not cheaty to use what they have provided, especially when you're comparing it to a more realistic alternative which they have failed to provide.

Archived