Deer clops ruined 40 hours of my life

I spent over good 40 hours in this world building my base, and just as I reach day 100 guess what. Good ol deerclops has to ruin it.

Here is before and after deerclops. I swear to god I ran away the second I heared the noise, then I found his not spawning and I ran out to my base and there he was molesting it.

20170622112109_1.jpg

20170622120338_1.jpg

Deerclops spawns around player, but targets structures, not player. So he could spawn offscreen and start whacking some pig house, then went to your base. Basicly, you need to keep some structure prebuilt all the time (I prefer sign) and when you run from base to fighr deerclops, place the sign down. If there aren't any structures close, he should go for the sign.

Tip: Bring up 14-16 rocklobsters from the cave to a clear (no important structures) area 4-5 screens away from base. When you hear Deerclops, run there with sufficient rock/flint to feed the rocklobsters and they will make easy work of Deerclops.

Its alright guys I bounced back and rebuild my base. And with the help of the first eyeball I got in this world, I made a eyebrella which is super op from the rain and heat.

I know how to fight deerclops and kite, infact I can just kite him or I can use the spider queens around me (since im webber) But I didn't know that he spawned yet, cuz my volume was low. I went back to check cuz i dunno if he was comming and when I got back. Base raped.

build a trap area for bosses and hounds

on day 30 you should have enough resources to make that, and easily get rid of bosses

or you could make some gunpowders and use panflute to make it sleep. and fire the gunpowders to damage it.

what i like to do to deal with giants is this.

make a big square of cobblestone roads, (kinda like an arena) so you move supa fast

make sure you have stationnary light sources that are unlikely to be destroyed

smack and kite to your hearts content :D

On 22.06.2017 at 7:20 PM, My_Van_Has_Candy said:

I spent over good 40 hours in this world building my base, and just as I reach day 100 guess what. Good ol deerclops has to ruin it.

Here is before and after deerclops. I swear to god I ran away the second I heared the noise, then I found his not spawning and I ran out to my base and there he was molesting it.

20170622112109_1.jpg

20170622120338_1.jpg

day 104

104*8 = 832

832/60 = 13,86

You mean fourteen, not forty hours?

Archived