Lamps and plants

You don't need to run anything to keep mealwood at ideal temperature. Make the farm as small as possible, just enough room for your plants, no wires, no pipes, all enclosed in insulated or abyssalite tiles. Best if you have inert gas in there, hydrogen or CO2. 

Ideal temperature for mealwood is 18 to 22 C. A plant - any plant - when planted is at 20 C temperature. 400 kg of biomass at almost exactly 20 C, right in the middle of the ideal temperature range for mealwood. Even if the room isn't at ideal temperature right at the start, the mealwood will condition it to that temperature itself, given enough time.

Kasuha thats true. But I did run a wery smal farm and it did heat up to 22C. Because of the food that drops. And maybe from external heat not sure. 

I have run big Bristle blossom farms and they can get as hot as 21,5 c in places. so there is possibility that they heat up over the idle temp. And if you want to get fast to idle temperature you want som cooling. But yeah you dont need the extra space over the plants. But I never have run with mealwood farm. I might trow in them in planter boxes or run them like vilde plants. But usally I go for bristle blossom early and use sleet wheat from vild plants till I get enuf of blossoms.

Archived