How does insulated pipes work?

Whenever I try to use insulated pipes, the temperature of the pipe simply goes way too fast and it warms my farms and base around it. How does insulated pipe works exactly? I can never use insulated objects to stop heat transfer and i have to use abysalite for it. but it is too early in the game to obtain enough of them. 

2 hours ago, RyeBread said:

Whenever I try to use insulated pipes, the temperature of the pipe simply goes way too fast and it warms my farms and base around it. How does insulated pipe works exactly? I can never use insulated objects to stop heat transfer and i have to use abysalite for it. but it is too early in the game to obtain enough of them. 

20 minutes ago, ImperialWolf said:

I was told that they do not work correctly now - I use regular pipe made of abysalite and do not have the heat/cold bleeding all over my base where i have to run the lines.

I could be wrong with the most recent patches..

Abyssalite is the only way to go to prevent heat transfer. As of now, other materials do prevent heat transfer when constructing insulated tiles or pipes but due to their rather high thermal conductivity they will soon conduct heat.

Insulated pipes do work, their thermal conductivity is AFAIK five times lower than thermal conductivity of standard pipes. The thing is, with abyssalite they're pointless as they don't completely prevent heat transfer and there's enough of heat transfer left on them to mean a problem in temperature controlled areas.

Archived