Depth Worm drops

I think they eat stuff from ground and/or from bushes, tufts, flints etc. Saw once a worm effectively eating a morsel from the floor with munching animation. Also more worms dropped weird items when killed (as said: berries, grass, flints etc) beside default 4x monster meat and 1x glow berry.

yeah go into a world spawn a few worms in and hide they will harvest up any random items some cases the lichen or other lesser berries  in the ruins. you can also sometimes see a worm that has consumed a glow berry as they glow while they are tunneling along 

they kind of do their secondary animation where they  basically come out of the ground and back into it whenever they are harvesting. which is why i think you can make worms become automatic harvesters if they are penned in with the item you want harvested.

Their chewing animation is pretty disturbing, but surely they don't eat lichen or grass? I thought they were carnivores. Also, most other mobs, when they eat, digest the item. Bats, if you kill them right after they eat some meat, will drop the meat, but you have to be quick. Worms are mysterious.

14 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Several times recently I've killed a worm and it has dropped, in addition to the usual monster meat and light berry, a minor item or two like flint, grass, twigs or lichen. What's up with that? Do worms have an inventory?

they can eat things now from last updates

57 minutes ago, landromat said:

they can eat things now from last updates

Can they break walls & fences too? This is gonna be so freaking annoying if they're like hounds and can get through walls/fences.

I play on PS4, there's no update to depth worms yet.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:46 PM, jesuisralph said:

Can they break walls & fences too? This is gonna be so freaking annoying if they're like hounds and can get through walls/fences.

I play on PS4, there's no update to depth worms yet.

I've been dealing with them for a while and they don't seem to attack walls/fences. They can attack over them, though.

No, they cannot travel past fences/walls. They cannot even travel past cave-ins boulders - and one can use them as a strategy to take on 1-2 worms while others are blocked. Confine? Never tried but is very probable you could do that after looking at their global mechanic.

On 6/23/2017 at 1:23 PM, Electroely said:

I've been dealing with them for a while and they don't seem to attack walls/fences. They can attack over them, though.

Thank you, I saw the chewing animation and they ate an egg when I was AFK and killed me.

Archived