Please improve optimization

Ok, so will keep a short message :D

Got 30 dupes , cycle 200 , game is playable but annoyingly laggy... Please fix...

Hard to magine how someone can have fun playing 500+ cycle.....

Priority NR1 i think to look into

My PC - i5 7th gen / 16 GB RAM / GTX1060

My base has 10 duplicants, cycle 800, most of the map revealed and still running smooth. Maybe less duplicants is the way to go?

8 minutes ago, SmallMuffin11 said:

Priority NR1 i think to look into

You just made a post asking for new release, so what's higher priority: optimization and bugfixing, or new content? Anything devs do with the game takes some time.

Devs are working on both new content and bugfixes at their own discretion. We're getting a hotfix every week. I can understand why optimization isn't the highest priority at this stage of development but they're working on that, too. And you may help by uploading your save file so they can take a look at it and check what's going wrong. Best probably in the bug tracker in appropriate thread.

@Kasuha Didnt you also mention the game currently only runs using 1 core from your CPU as well (If so they will possibly expand that one day)? if so then yes less dupes is the way to go, I have the same issue as above but I am at cycle 100 or so with accepting every Dupe haha. I get 10fps but its still fine for me cuz its fun

the time slices are too thin for each duplicant so its not so much lag as it is nanopauses as each duplicant flies through its decision gate.

it would be more effective if the ran on pulse logic using while branches instead of if then statements. then if a dupe rins into an already active task it just grabs the neerest task and loses 2 cpu cyclesinstead of whatnot.

On 6/21/2017 at 11:40 AM, geniusthemaster said:

the time slices are too thin for each duplicant so its not so much lag as it is nanopauses as each duplicant flies through its decision gate.

it would be more effective if the ran on pulse logic using while branches instead of if then statements. then if a dupe rins into an already active task it just grabs the neerest task and loses 2 cpu cyclesinstead of whatnot.

Please do not speak about things you have no idea about.

Pathfinding is ****e. Maybe thread something better? I have 23 dupes on day 500+ and i managed to get game running playablish by blocking and locking unused space. If you have access points to sides and you lock it game seems to run faster. If everyone can go everywhere then game probably runs Djikstra's algorithm 50% of CPU time or more.

Archived