Please, Can we get an update on the game updates already ? :(

According to one of recent Klei streams, devs are working on new content already. I would even guess they're putting most of available manpower into it while still leaving some for bugfixes we're getting. We'll learn what it is when the time is up.

2 hours ago, SmallMuffin11 said:

It has been a month since the update. The early release was good enaugh.. ? https://steamspy.com/  almost 300 KE copies sold - 6M USD worth.

Can we get an update on whats being done ? :S

I am talking about content.. new plants, mechanics etc..

It's been a month.... relax. Development is about more then cranking out new content. They have been addressing crashes and bugs etc so that the game is playable. More content is always nice, but not if existing stuff doesnt work.

Just now, asmallrabbit said:

It's been a month.... relax. Development is about more then cranking out new content. They have been addressing crashes and bugs etc so that the game is playable. More content is always nice, but not if existing stuff doesnt work.

I know i know... 

I have yet to be disappointed by Klei so I can say they will release it when the bug report is smaller. The best thing to do if you want to speed it up is play the game, enjoy it, test new things and report anything you find! We are all wanting new content so don't worry you are not alone but it will come when it comes!

p.s I am excited for it

I've learned in this industry that it is much better to let them take their time to get things right, than to have them release too early. Gamers can be an inpatient bunch, but releasing early leads to a buggy mess. 

They are also probably shifting feature lists back and forth. Figuring out what they can fit and finish for this update and what needs to be pushed back. You wouldn't want them to promise, for example, "Dangerous new creatures will test your combat and medical capabilities" only to find that the monsters got pushed back an update at the last minute. Better to under-promise and over-deliver.

I think we're all hungry for content and curious to see what's going to be added next.  But we can agree that adding new content isn't as easy as pressing a button.  So we'll have to swallow our increasing anticipation until the moment when we can release it all and binge on the game for 48 hours!

39 minutes ago, Chris_Hoefler said:

I recently worked on a translation and funny to say that in the file itself you alread can see what they've planned for the future xD

You can't trust it too much. The game is in development for a few years and it's full of artifacts that the devs played with before it got the alpha release. It's impossible now to tell which of them are going to be finished and released and which will end up forgotten, we only have confirmation from devs that either might be the case with anything you find in the game that's not accessible right now.

I wish there's an end game goal available...something that gives purpose for players. For example, to build a rocket or dimensional portal to a new asteroid while retaining dupe's state without their stress factor. Like a newgame++ :D Something rewarding for people who gone through the max for their dupes. Maybe different cycle lenght... like the game now takes longer for each cycle (harder for food). etc.

14 hours ago, SmallMuffin11 said:

It has been a month since the update. The early release was good enaugh.. ? https://steamspy.com/  almost 300 KE copies sold - 6M USD worth.

Can we get an update on whats being done ? :S

I am talking about content.. new plants, mechanics etc..

If you're being impatient - why buy early access? :)

I'm personally okay with that, I remember I bought Don't Starve in EA, ( they even gave me 2 copies for the price of one) I enjoyed the concept, the existing content, played for a while and then just returned with the next big expansion, to see what's new.

That being said, the game is really being supported well. The devs are very responsive here on the forums. I imagine, we all would like to see new content sooner that later, but you can't rush it :)
Oh, and the devs probably don't want to spoil what's up next, to keep the surprise.

What i am most anxious about is not to see new contenct, but for t hem to talk about ideas :)

What they are planning, what are they thinking on that and so on :)

How  they react to our comments, suggestions, to comment on them :)

Also on the future content, i am amazed nobody commented the materials in the Gas filter selection tab :)

There are ~ 15-20 options to filter :) and we currently have wha ? 6 in game ?

They have been commented on by both players and the devs, some of them do exist just in rarer states such as at the bottom where there is lava.

It would be nice if they told us what they had in mind, but not for the next patch since so many games make a promise then delay it and people just get mad, id rather not have a deadline.

Klei is pretty bad about communication. I know this from playing Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together.

Which is a shame. Even smaller teams have public Trello boards that show what features and content are being worked on and what their status is (backlog, under development, testing, etc.). The more progressive ones even allow players to vote on features and implement the most popular ones.

With Klei though, updates always come out of nowhere, so there is no anticipation build up.

It also gives the feeling that the game is neglected by the dev team, even if the truth may be the opposite.

like engragedcamel said they could communicate more on current development and plans. We're not asking for promises, just estimates I don't see why it is such a problem. If they don't deliver what was announced fine and anyone upset with that its their fault. I'm tired of checking the boards daily and see no content update...

bump for exposure

On 6/22/2017 at 8:08 PM, enragedcamel said:

Klei is pretty bad about communication. I know this from playing Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together.

Which is a shame. Even smaller teams have public Trello boards that show what features and content are being worked on and what their status is (backlog, under development, testing, etc.). The more progressive ones even allow players to vote on features and implement the most popular ones.

With Klei though, updates always come out of nowhere, so there is no anticipation build up.

It also gives the feeling that the game is neglected by the dev team, even if the truth may be the opposite.

This is 2017 (not 2001) and it's no excuse for game developers to not communicate with its player-base. Even Stardew Valley creator had updates and that's a 1-man team. It doesn't take much time to respond to forum posts or give little hints as to what's to come.

As a player, I want the game to feel like it's growing and that I can grasp what's to come. It gives reassurance that it's not just another Steam EA game that grabs my money and run. While players have mentioned Klei's successes in the past, it's not a good indicator of future successes (cue stock market, CEO performance, etc).

Players who also wish to have this community liaison, should also speak up. This thread is a good example of that.

29 minutes ago, CodingKitteh said:

bump for exposure

This is 2017 (not 2001) and it's no excuse for game developers to not communicate with its player-base. Even Stardew Valley creator had updates and that's a 1-man team. It doesn't take much time to respond to forum posts or give little hints as to what's to come.

As a player, I want the game to feel like it's growing and that I can grasp what's to come. It gives reassurance that it's not just another Steam EA game that grabs my money and run. While players have mentioned Klei's successes in the past, it's not a good indicator of future successes (cue stock market, CEO performance, etc).

Players who also wish to have this community liaison, should also speak up. This thread is a good example of that.

Well said. Even a hint is better than nothing, obviously I understand that they are busy fixing bugs etc, but they must have an idea of what they want to do next. Not saying to spoil it all, but give us clues. 

It's true that the devs could just say something like "well, we have looked into this system and we decided to do this and that, no promises but expect it somewhen".

The reason why they aren't doing it is (in my opinion) partially because of threads like this one. Some people just don't get it, providing quality content and bug-free software isn't a simple thing and some people won't stop whining about "I PAID YU MY 10$ WHER IZ MY GAME?!?!" even though it's clearly stated that the game is in-dev and requires more development hours. Releasing information only makes people want it more and releasing it without exact update time will make them even more frustrated. Same reason why devs never chime in threads asking about updates/content/future.

7 hours ago, noisycat said:

The reason why they aren't doing it is (in my opinion) partially because of threads like this one.

I don't understand your logic because it is as if Klei has been neglecting communication because of this thread exists. One existed before another, and it is the lack of communication that is the precursor. The thread was made in response to the lack of information, not the other way around.

7 hours ago, noisycat said:

Releasing information only makes people want it more and releasing it without exact update time will make them even more frustrated.

I have to disagree. Having a healthy communication platform between the Devs and players are a key to a success of a game, IMO. Nobody is telling the Devs to make false promises (cue No Man's Sky). Nobody is asking for a Space/Zombie/Multiplayer update. This thread is to address the lack of communication, not specific additions into the game hence there will never be expectations/disappointment.

A simple communication is, "We are currently working on a next content update that adds some mechanics like XXXX to increase the depth and complexity to XXXX. This will add new end game play styles," with a sneak snapshot or two.

No release date, no specific additions, etc.

Look at successful games that had community communication: Minecraft Alpha/Beta, Stardew Valley, Terraria

Look at unrealistic promises that had overhype: No Man's Sky

Sorry, but I have to inform you that you're wrong Codingkitteh.  I am indeed asking for a Multiplayer Zombies in Space update for ONI.  I don't mean to be rude, but there's no way to fit enough oxygen and delicious liceloaf with cheese in a spacesuit to allow for interasteroidal travel, without first transforming into a superior Zombie form with reduced Oxygen and daily kcal needs.  Then there's the pain of watching as the zombie I dispatched to destroy your colony suffer instant undeath, smashed into paste by the relative velocities of impact caused by insufficient retrorocket landing power.  Then the pain turns to joy, as you foolishly bury the zombie duplicant in a tasteful grave instead of letting the morbs deal with the mushy corpse, in the process infecting 3 of your dupes and starting the chain reaction towards total colony wipe.  I paid my ten dollars, where's my MZIS?

Archived