4 minutes ago, SmallMuffin11 said:

1) Why poluted ice melts at -20 C ? Should it be 0 C ?

Polluted water also boils at 120 C. It's just a choice devs made when implementing the game, I'm not sure about why.

Polluted water can now be used as cooling medium, though.

5 minutes ago, SmallMuffin11 said:

Why plants have +20 C temperature all the time ?

That's the default temperature of everything that gets spawned in the world without having a temperature set. I don't think it's intentional, it's just byproduct of the fact that plants are not in their final implementation and perhaps devs now consider other features more important to implement before they get back to it.

Polluten water 

1 minute ago, Kasuha said:

Polluted water can now be used as cooling medium, though.

Anything im not aware of ?

Any liquid or gas can be used as a heating or cooling medium, i just heat it with heater or cool it with weezworts in a seperate room and then pump it out like a radiator.

And with the temperature reseting bug (maybe fixed now?) you can move anything via pipes, pipes change temperature and change the temperature of surroundings.

Or am i missing something with Polluted water that is unique ?

11 minutes ago, SmallMuffin11 said:

Anything im not aware of ?

Any liquid or gas can be used as a heating or cooling medium, i just heat it with heater or cool it with weezworts in a seperate room and then pump it out like a radiator.

Bristle Blossoms require temperatures around zero. You're safer cooling them with polluted water than with clean water as polluted water won't freeze at that temperature. And wolframite pipes are more efficient in transferring heat between the farm and the water than granite pipes, the best alternative for gases. 

Its a bit odd that polluted water boils at 120, Since in real life impurities in water actually cause it to boil at a lower temperature, whilst pure water boils at a higher temperature, pure water if i remember correctly does not conduc electricity either.

24 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

Its a bit odd that polluted water boils at 120, Since in real life impurities in water actually cause it to boil at a lower temperature, whilst pure water boils at a higher temperature, pure water if i remember correctly does not conduc electricity either.

Apparently, IRL water boils at higher temperature when not pure: http://emerald.tufts.edu/as/tampl/en43/lecture_notes/ch8.html

The boiling point of water can also be changed by adding impurities in the water. Impurities include salt, sugar, and other dissolving molecules. Generally, impurities increase the boiling point of water.

Concentrated sugar-water solutions that are used for making candies and caramel boil at temperatures exceeding 150 °C.

I'd expect polluted water in game to contain some sulfur (common natural gas pollutant), quite a bit of carbon (to explain air scrubber), and possibly nitrogen (lavatories). So probably mostly water+carbonic acid.

I can't find a good source on boiling point of carbonic acid solutions, though.

Damn ice making our roads slippery at just -1C, if there was only substance that could melt it at that temperature or maybe even lower. Could be some sort of white sandish thing.

Archived