Now for real: What's up with DST ?

It has been over 2 months now and Klei still didn't bring any new content or updates :(

Right when the Metheus hype was exploding, Klei stopped doing updates and stuff about dont starve together ANR or Metheus.
Then everyone hoped June 1 would be the final release date but even this wasn't the day everyone expected. I'm worried that maybe Klei now tries to focuson things such as ONI,Hot Lava or other games instead of DST.
I think it is a really cool game and it got so much hype.. It would be a bad if something like this just got stopped

Welcome first of all.

Diversity is something good and they must take a break of don't starve sometimes i guess.

But they are 100% working on it so no worry, they gave us Metheus so they 101% won't stop update except if an important member die or if community leave cuz Klei added anime characters to the game.

Spoiler

Just in case i'm not aggressive :3

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Actually there is going to be new dlc and no one knows when and here is pic of it 

Screenshot_1.png

What's your source ?_?

Since the Winona troll and June 1 o i don't really trust the fanbase :mad:

They do work on it, I believe. But still, I just want to drop this here:
Steam really made people expect that their games will keep getting content updates. Back in my day Before the era of digital games you would just buy a game in store and that's it. Now when there are no updates people get mad. Eh.

They are still working on DST, but usually working on a game implies a lot of time when they do a lot of invisible and not showable work, because it take time, because there is trial and error, because things could work, or not... It's totally possible it will be little update, polishing, small things, we don't know.

So i doubt they can answer your question just because you ask, they probably have to be sure they can answer it with something.

I mean, people are hyping themselves for nothing. TTA was promised and never delivered, even if ANR replaced it later. Announcing something without being ready is a wrong idea. People will be angry and disappointed if something goes wrong.

1 hour ago, Angibot said:

What's your source ?_?

Since the Winona troll and June 1 o i don't really trust the fanbase :mad:

Winona wasn't a troll by the fanbase. The files existed. Whether or not these unimplemented files are planned on being implemented is up to Klei, not us.

Well first of all thank ya guys and yeah i hope they are not just focusing on other games like ONI or stuff like that.

It's great that you are trying to answer my question and i didn't want to sound angry or anything else just to make that clear :p

Thanks for da replies

1 hour ago, JimmyJam said:

They are still working on the game... But one day they will stop adding new stuff! That's the way the world works

Nope I refuse to believe it. Klei is eternal theyre prototyping clones of themselves programmed to add DLCS' theyre klei-78s. And we will recieve the most potent of updates almost weekly!!! Winona wombat and Winchester will be implemented!!!!! 

4 hours ago, Scorpion badger said:

Nope I refuse to believe it. Klei is eternal theyre prototyping clones of themselves programmed to add DLCS' theyre klei-78s. And we will recieve the most potent of updates almost weekly!!! Winona wombat and Winchester will be implemented!!!!! 

DST is ONI confirmed.

At a certain point, the game can become overloaded with stuff, which is why the seasonal events are really nice treats and an incentive to make longlived maps. I just wish they'd give us something between Chinese New Year and Halloween. April Fools Day was a missed opportunity.

The logical next step would be a way to access an additional map of some kind with new biomes. I'd actually prefer that it not be Shipwrecked but an all-new DLC (for which I'd be willing to pay new-game $). I don't think the sailing mechanic is well-suited to multiplayer and would rather have something fresher if less ambitious.

The current status of the game is: no body is allowed to know.

It's a great business model really.

On 6/19/2017 at 1:29 PM, Chris1488 said:

Some people even saved the speech file before it got deleted like 10 minutes later.

Like me. :3

Reveal hidden contents

Here's the file if you guys wanna look into it.

speech_winona.lua

You seem to be behind on this matter. The dialogue strings as well as the unique strings for Winona's item are already publicly available without the need for a download; along with a majority of the supporting information and discussion on the subject; right here.

1 minute ago, The Curator said:

You seem to be behind on this matter. The dialogue strings as well as the unique strings for Winona's item are already publicly available without the need for a download; along with a majority of the supporting information and discussion on the subject; right here.

I'm not behind on anything, just not everyone who looked at this thread saw yours. :V

On 6/19/2017 at 6:31 PM, metalluis said:

It has been over 2 months now and Klei still didn't bring any new content or updates :(

Right when the Metheus hype was exploding, Klei stopped doing updates and stuff about dont starve together ANR or Metheus.
Then everyone hoped June 1 would be the final release date but even this wasn't the day everyone expected. I'm worried that maybe Klei now tries to focuson things such as ONI,Hot Lava or other games instead of DST.
I think it is a really cool game and it got so much hype.. It would be a bad if something like this just got stopped

Dont Starve Together is perfect

this game came a long long way.

there could be little things and features added to it, but I don't see any benefit in adding new items/characters, its already too complicated.

for the average new player like me, it took me ~350 hours to be kinda good at it (mostly on the surface)

and I still can't defeat dragonfly/warg and sort out bee area

But one thing's for sure, it could really use a tutorial section to help new players learn how to do stuff.

like pre-built world generations,

1 to learn how to kill bees

1 to learn how to fish

1 to learn how to get rid of each giant

and etc

Archived