The MUST IMPLEMENT is ability to set a limit on food produced.

12 minutes ago, marcjhune22 said:

Why limit the production? you can manage it via consumables tab

I think what he means whit limit the production, is simply disable micromushers/cookers when a certain amount of food is in reserve.

This way you can let those machines run at 'continuously make ...' on priority 9, but the cook will simply stop when enough food is in stock. This would especially be really nice when you are producing mush bars, as the ingredients are available in large quantities, so the cook will never stop cooking.

6 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

I think what he means whit limit the production, is simply disable micromushers/cookers when a certain amount of food is in reserve.

This way you can let those machines run at 'continuously make ...' on priority 9, but the cook will simply stop when enough food is in stock. This would especially be really nice when you are producing mush bars, as the ingredients are available in large quantities, so the cook will never stop cooking.

I see what you mean there, that is something the should be implemented. The TS didn't make it clear from his/her post

Well, you can queue up to 6... maybe instead of +1 adding a new icon to the list each time, you have a single icon with a number on it, so you can queue up any amount. ie build 10 mush bars, then 15 lice loaf...

27 minutes ago, boggers said:

Well, you can queue up to 6... maybe instead of +1 adding a new icon to the list each time, you have a single icon with a number on it, so you can queue up any amount. ie build 10 mush bars, then 15 lice loaf...

It would be definitely good if the planning was done in days rather than in single portions. With a colony of only ten dupes, I need two cooking stations to put a request for food for one day. That's not very convenient.

IMHO it would be best if it would be be controlled through free space in ration boxes / refrigerators:
As soon as there is none that will accept the item production should stop.

Would have the downside of players disabling stoage for certain types and kill off their production that way, so it should give a clear message ('production halted as there is no fridge to store the product').

This would scale with bigger colonies and be easy to configure through the storage interface of multiple fridges.

7 hours ago, Scorpio King said:

There is one problem tho, the food that was delivered to the cooking station will rot.

That's another problem, different from the current choice of  duplicants will create food endlessly -or- mushers/cooking stations are a clickfest.

21 hours ago, marcjhune22 said:

Why limit the production? you can manage it via consumables tab

Yes, what i mean was if we could set a limit on food produced, for example 100 k colories of pepper bread, then i dont have to watch the cooking stations and so on, and i can manage the amount i need. I dont realy like having 200 K colories of food, if i dont need that, because then it becomes a problem of storing it.

The micro management of food stations is annoying. And yes, if i make ~ 10 fridges, and contunue overproducing food, it will just rot :(

Consumables part does not solve the issue :(

2 hours ago, SmallMuffin11 said:

if i make ~ 10 fridges, and contunue overproducing food, it will just rot :(

The economic way is to put the fridges in a sterile athmosphere and 'forget' to power them - contents won't spoil (ever), no heat generated and no power used...

1 hour ago, Masterpintsman said:

The economic way is to put the fridges in a sterile athmosphere and 'forget' to power them - contents won't spoil (ever), no heat generated and no power used...

Yes, i am doing that, using fridges without electiricy in CO2, but to keep a lot of calories i still need to have ~5 fridges for ~ 200K cal food.

I mean its doable , but i dont think its good design, if i only need to have 70 K cal of food for my dupes.

This is the problem, for example now i just make food for ever and dont bother if it rots or not, as long as i have ~ 1 full fridge / 10 dupes and just use composter to disolve the rest (That is not even useful at the moment, because the best strategy is to use poluted oxygen for dupes and not make any clean oxygen - that way i save energy :) ) but why cant i just make the amount i need and not waste anything being rotten :(

Archived