New and better way to deal with polluted oxygen

Better than hydrogenbubblers and a lot easier way to deal with polluted oxygen long-term I kind of stumbled upon this by pure chanse and made a small youtube video about it. It is sustainable long term and use very little energy (And you don t need sand at all) I have not seen this before... so I might be first. In that case FIRST! (no access to potato)

Enjoy!

I've yet to do this successfully, (the pufts died while I was building it last time, and I'm not sure whether they starved or froze) but I plan in some future base to have the pufts pooping into water which should stop the slime from off gassing into polluted oxygen.

set up an example in debug mode

puft.jpg

Yes. Now when i know what to look for I feel a bit dumb for even thinking I was first when it comes to this. The reason I did was that all resent videos on youtube on how to deal with polluted oxygen was hydrogen bubblers. I ve tried building those out of de-bug mode in normal games. I don t use de-bugg mode. They work but are complicated to set up and take time to get to work well.

The pufs however is a walk in the park. Especially if you don t go through the hassle I did to get them somewhere special. I mean you can just trap them where they are. I udnerstand now when I have started to google it that there was a problem earlier with them pooping really cold slime resulting in them freezing to death. That is not the case anymore. They do fine cycle after cycle. I had mine for quite some time now. The slime comes out at some +10 C. 

I simply have hard to get why to go through all the trouble with a hydrogen bubler when this simply is more efficient.. 

53 minutes ago, boggers said:

I've yet to do this successfully, (the pufts died while I was building it last time, and I'm not sure whether they starved or froze) but I plan in some future base to have the pufts pooping into water which should stop the slime from off gassing into polluted oxygen.

set up an example in debug mode

puft.jpg

I actually doesnt matter much if the slime is gassing or not. In a contained area they eat more poluted oxygen than the slime they make produce. So you can keep pumping in polluted oxygen as much as you want.

However the water could serve as a good way for duplicants to go in and pick up slime or do whatever in there without the puff escaping :)

I think there is a certain number of floor tiles, above which gas production from slime piles will eventually exceed consumption from pufts once there is slime on every tile. Not sure what  the number is though. Keeping it at zero with water makes it more efficient, although maybe its best to keep one or two tiles of solid floor just so that the puft doesn't starve if you run out of polluted oxygen to supply it..

Also I saw in a youtube that reducing the area they can move around in to a single square horizontally makes them more efficient, as they get stuck in the breathe animation, and never go into the move animation.

22 hours ago, Ketmol said:

I actually doesnt matter much if the slime is gassing or not. In a contained area they eat more poluted oxygen than the slime they make produce. So you can keep pumping in polluted oxygen as much as you want.

However the water could serve as a good way for duplicants to go in and pick up slime or do whatever in there without the puff escaping :)

That's a terrific design. I built one exactly like that last night and it works great. Thanks!

Archived