Add Coffee to Oxygen Not Included

Coffee or something similar could be added to the game as a way of boosting productivity and lowering stress, with interrupted sleep as a possible side effect. A "coffee maker" could use water, electricity, and coffee beans harvested from coffee plants to produce it.

What are your guys' thoughts on this? I think this would be useful for speeding up large builds and with helping to keep colonies maintained once they get to a bigger size.

I think coffee would be good to counteract the "interrupted sleep" effect, which happens increasingly more often the bigger your base is, because dublicants start spending some time at night and thus interrupting their sleep. Also, it could act as an alternate source to refuel their stamina, which some dublicants late in the game seem to constantly be low on.

My problem with this idea, though, is where the coffee beans would even come from. Remember: You play inside of an asteroid somewhere in the middle of space. You don't get to bring any resources from earth at all and have to do with the limited ecosystem inside of the rock. I find it unlikely that coffee beans just happen to grow inside of an asteroid.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:26 PM, Pseudonymico said:

Maybe make the coffee out of dirt or coal?

A teapot for stress reduction would be pretty cool too, using thimble reeds. Monocles mandatory. 

I'm sorry but I don't understand the logic of coffee being produced from dirt or coal? Dirt is Dirt not a plant or with nanoparticles of coffee beans inside and Coal is Carbon Based so where do you get coffee from just saying, please help me understand your logic. Thanks

On 6/20/2017 at 4:01 AM, Nero Darkard said:

I find it unlikely that coffee beans just happen to grow inside of an asteroid.

It doesn't have to be coffee beans specifically. Anything with a caffeine-like effect would work just fine. I'm not sure what the best substitute would be though.

On 6/20/2017 at 4:39 AM, Kasuha said:

Roasted and ground meal lice.

It would make the duplicants all restless so they jitter and fidget like meal lice crops XD

Chemical formula for Caffeïne ...  C8H10N4O2

That would be: Coal (Carbon) + Hydrogen + Oxygen + Nitrogen (Dirt extract)

So who ever suggested Coal and Dirt ... you might not be a genius, but in a way, its possible to say you were almost halfway correct. :D

Archived