Add Suction to outlets.

Could you possible make it so that the gas and water pump has both an inlet and an outlet.

The outlet would function just as it does now.

and the Input is not required as the way I see it currently is it just sucks in its local area, instead of having a flow input.

Could you possibly make it so that instead of it just sucking at its location, it will instead have an in and an out flow. then you build 2 outlets one on each side minimum.

So if you want it to function like it does at the moment, you would build the outlet right in the square beside the inlet node.  Otherwise any vent or drain that is apart of the in direction would be the sucking pressure.

This would us have flow nodes around that can pick up tiny spots of water that are more just a wet surface type of puddle, or where you have hydrogen or natural gas lingering around where you don't want to build a pump and pipe system just to clean up 1 or 2 tiles of rogue gas.

The benefit for the water is more of a improvement so you don't have to mop all the time from condensation wetness.

But currently there is no way to clean the rogue stray gasses.

It would be nice if you could use different filter mediums or something in the air deodorizer so that it would eliminate all the gases that are un breathable, maybe not carbon since you have already put a machine to address that in play.

1 hour ago, MythN7 said:

But currently there is no way to clean the rogue stray gasses.

All wrong gases but polluted oxygen can be drawn from either top or bottom of the base as long as you make sure your floors are sufficiently permeable for gas.

Polluted oxygen is harder. You can either install a ton of deodorizers, or you can fill the area with carbon dioxide and draw other gases away, then pump clean oxygen in and remove the carbon dioxide. Or the same but with hydrogen. Not a pleasant procedure I admit.

Apart of that, pumps are just means of placing gases or liquids in pipes, they don't produce pressure and don't send pipe contents anywhere, that's done by pipes themselves. That's why there are no passive input vents, you have to pay power at least for getting the gas in. If you need to take gas from multiple places, you need to put pumps at all these places.

Yep, I thought that's what I described and then said, by allowing an input pipe on the pumps (gas or fluid) any vents or outlets on that flow line would be flow pulled toward that pump, then the outlet would be flow leaving the pump.  This is how many real life flow systems work.

I didn't mean make the vents themselves have the suction, i just meant they should be either in or out based on what direction of flow you attach to the pump.

4a4448162bb2adcd2df55d3ae61692a1.png
https://gyazo.com/4a4448162bb2adcd2df55d3ae61692a1

So in this image is an example of a very practical use a system would have.

At area marked 1 in purple:

Instead of having a pump there that i turn on and off with a switch in a high traffic area, I would use a vent piece instead where I drew it in, so the piping would still be needed as normal.

Then at area marked 2 in purple:

instead of running this gas line into the filter so that there is an output.  What I am suggesting is adding an Input box to t he gas pump, and you would plug the pip in there, so that the flow on the line going in is suction, and t he line going out is pressure.

And t he other comment on how this could be beneficial is you could set up all your pumps in 1 area so that they themselves don't draw in from there local body's unless you build a vent tile right beside it if that's what you want. it would instead just be the powered machine that creates flow.

They already have all this game physics in place for pull vs push flow travel, to me this would be a very elegant way to make some nice optimized bases, You would still need same amount of pumps to move the same amount of gas / fluid around, its more of a idea to be able to departmentalize this factor in an area such as a maintenance basement or something.

Hm, I see what you want to achieve, and I would say that system would be too complicated. But even better solution would be an inline pump: you place the pump that should be connected to the pipes from both ends, and after that everything that is one side of the pump starts sucking, and everything the other side of the pump - venting. Would be a very robust system.

On 6/22/2017 at 1:11 PM, Morse said:

Hm, I see what you want to achieve, and I would say that system would be too complicated. But even better solution would be an inline pump: you place the pump that should be connected to the pipes from both ends, and after that everything that is one side of the pump starts sucking, and everything the other side of the pump - venting. Would be a very robust system.

Unless I am not fully understanding you or you me.  But what you described sounds exactly what I described, so I am not sure how you claim its complicated?

The main aspect you are pointing out is to have a pump that creates flow of which you place between pipes.

This is exactly what I am talking about. make the pump not suck air from its local outside space but instead have an input as well, to move stuff from a vent attached on each end of the pipe.

Archived