Sevio

boiler
Boiling with Thermo Regulators

57 posts in this topic

Brothgar discovered a different and super easy way to create steam using Heaters and Chlorine.

Interesting discovery about getting the space heater to make steam! Power wise it's not going to be as efficient as the tepidizer method I'm using though, which works pretty reliable already.

48 minutes ago, Sevio said:

Can you separate the two flows again?

Yes, you can.

rDtaofK.jpg

Kd8P8DZ.jpg

Edited by Kasuha
2 people like this

@Kasuha

That is excellent news, and so simple, too! The equalization seems to be very powerful with just a couple tiles of exchanger space too.

Edit: Fortunately I don't have to be the dupe that drinks this or showers under it. Actually, dupes don't seem to need any water for consumption anymore once you get to Sleet Wheat...

Edited by Sevio

1 hour ago, vonVile said:

Brothgar discovered a different and super easy way to create steam using Heaters and Chlorine.

That's very interesting find. I know his channel and I love his enthusiasm. Though I think it would help him to get more up to date about how thermal stuff works. I guess he'll get there eventually...

And he reads my nick wrong unsure.gif

19 minutes ago, Sevio said:

with just a couple tiles of exchanger space too.

More can give you better temperature difference. Though not too much it seems. For even better results I think it would require multiple stages.

LocmImm.jpg

2 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

So it seems that heat transfer depends on heat capacity, which would explain your results, as iron has the highest specific heat, then copper, then wolframite, then gold.

This would mean that sandstone and iron ore are the best materials for radiators and heaters, not granite and wolframite. Needs proper experimentation, though.

Alright, so I tested this myself.  Apparently, a sandstone bridge of some type is even better then an iron wire bridge.. :?

20170626160853_1.jpg

20170626160900_1.jpg

You can even stack the bridges for even faster transfer.  It was pretty quick with a tile plus the three bridges stacked together.

Edit:  I also found it amusing that the same trick I used for the liquid tepidizer and fooling it with liquid Chlorine also works with the space heat :D

Edited by The Flying Fox
1 person likes this