custom character help

im trying to figure out how you give night vision to your character 

be able to collect sanity when night fall occurs 

to make friends with any creature she incounters

is there anyway to code that to the charcater it would be much appreciated

and if it isnt much of a trouble how do you make a bow mod that your charcater can use which gives black firey arrows which on impact with the floor cause a black firey explosion radius

heres the code for the charcater 

ikaros.lua

modinfo.lua

modmain.lua

On 6/17/2017 at 11:41 AM, JoeDude72 said:

im trying to figure out how you give night vision to your character 

be able to collect sanity when night fall occurs 

to make friends with any creature she incounters

is there anyway to code that to the charcater it would be much appreciated

and if it isnt much of a trouble how do you make a bow mod that your charcater can use which gives black firey arrows which on impact with the floor cause a black firey explosion radius

heres the code for the charcater 

ikaros.lua

modinfo.lua

modmain.lua

For night vision, try lifting code from the mole goggles

I assume you want the character's sanity to go up during the night? check Wolfgang's character lua, since his loss of sanity increases at night. just change the numbers
make friends with an creature she encounters? I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if you want the character to not be attacked by spiders, look at webber's lua. If you don't want them to be attacked by _anything_ I have no idea where to start.

If you want to make a bow, check the modding tutorial section for how to mod an item. As for the effect you are wanting, that sounds a lot like the results of meteor strikes from DST. It would probably be easier to start with that and work backwards.

Archived