My duplicant doesn't like massages

Hi,

One of my duplicant is now at 100% stress.  So I made a massage table, but he doesn't want to go on it...

• I lowered the limit (50%) of the table
  • I set the massage table to different priorities (→9)
  • I removed all jobs for my duplicant so he literally do nothing

So that's it...why doesn't he go on that massage table ? he's just hanging there, next to it, while other duplicants sometimes use it just in front of him. His stress is rising up...And I don't know what to do to lower his stress...I don't want him to die :(

1 hour ago, Lumina said:

Did you lowered the right thing ? Maybe you changed it to never use massage table if you have more than 50% stress ?

I changed many times the 2 options, it never changed anything...

1 hour ago, Kasuha said:

Did you remove the massage job too? 

I quote myself:

5 hours ago, Gloob said:

he's just hanging there, next to it, while other duplicants sometimes use it just in front of him.

I suggest you to set the priority of the massage table to 7-8 first. Then toggle off the massage option in the Jobs category for all of the other dubes and only keep it for the dupe you're trying to destress. That way your other dupes will keep on working and fullfill their needs without taking the massage table to themselves, since it's not an action you allow anymore, and leave the table for the dupe that actually needs it. When his stress lowers, you can toggle back the massage option for your dupes so it's available for everyone. That's how I do things when it gets really irritating and none of them listens to me. 

5 hours ago, Gloob said:

I changed many times the 2 options, it never changed anything...

I quote myself:

You failed to answer the question though, you said you removed all jobs, does this include the "massage" job as well? If you did then your duplicant won't go to get a massage no matter what the table is set to, this job needs to remain active.

I've seen a similar problem but only once, one dupe just decided to stop using the table, it was set to priority 8, max stress 25, min stress 0, she was set to only use massage in the jobs list. She used it from 90% down to 50% stress, I think it ran out of power momentarily, but then she refused to get back in and stood next to it idle while others were happy enough to use it as needed. No idea what caused it.

A few notes on massages:

• Massages are a job on the job table. If you remove all jobs from a dupe, that removes the massage job as well.
  • I like to have the massage tables set up before they start requiring them. Then they will usually start using them as they need them.
  • I prefer to have massage tables set to a high priority. Then dupes will massage before other tasks.
  • If a dupe is interrupted before the massage is over, then you'll need to re-trigger the massage. I'm not totally sure how to do that. You could try assigning jobs so the dupe isn't idle, or using red alert briefly (which interrupts all jobs and forces all dupes to re-evaluate).
  • I don't set massage as the only task. I know it's frustrating to see a dupe do things other than a massage, but rarely does that really solve the problem. More often than not, the dupe simply can't use the table for some reason (no power to table, tables are full, doesn't match requirements, etc). So if a dupe is refusing to use the table, chances are the dupe still won't do it even if it's the only task allowed.
  • When there are multiple tables and you have some very high stress dupes, you can set the minimum and maximum stress points individually so that the high stress dupes have dedicated tables.
  • Tables do need to be powered, so if power is intermittent or non-existent, your dupes may not be able to use them. In such a case, it may be helpful to have a dedicated circuit for them, perhaps with a hamster wheel and battery.
  • If you are constantly making your dupes perform high-priority tasks, you may be inadvertently overriding the tables all of the time. Consider lowering task priorities, or giving the dupes some "time off" where they are performing their regular duties instead of the current project.
  • Sometimes it's just time to build more tables.
  • Ideally, you want to not need the tables anyways. Whenever you are getting high stress, look into ways to lower it.

First off:
best alternative to massage tables:
1) Make sure sleeping cots have a high decoration value. This means stress reduction while doing something that is already done daily.
2) Increase decoration if you know dupes will be there often. Like the mess hall to eat. More stress reduction while .... 
3) (optional) try cleaning up the rooms from litter. At least those rooms relevant for the numbers 1 and 2. (sleeping room / mess hall)
4) Decoration can reach 100+ easily with low skills ... so much stress reduction from that.

So far just regular stress reducing methods without wasting any other time than crafting some art. Which will pay back itself over the many cycles you'll be busy.

Second off: untried
Not sure if this works, but try medical cot. 

Lastly: If you've tried the first two option and manage to get the dupe to 99% ... try setting massage to 100% and wait for it.

On 19 Июнь 2017 г. at 2:40 AM, Threehorns said:

1) Make sure sleeping cots have a high decoration value. This means stress reduction while doing something that is already done daily.
2) Increase decoration if you know dupes will be there often. Like the mess hall to eat. More stress reduction while .... 
3) (optional) try cleaning up the rooms from litter. At least those rooms relevant for the numbers 1 and 2. (sleeping room / mess hall)
4) Decoration can reach 100+ easily with low skills ... so much stress reduction from that.

So far just regular stress reducing methods without wasting any other time than crafting some art. Which will pay back itself over the many cycles you'll be busy.

From my experience, I've found that stress can be managed even without any dedicated decor items  (even with high lvl expectations). :) Just keep your rooms clean, have some lights and keep the dupes dry and warm. Lock off ugly places after you build them. Stuff like batteries or pumps don't need any maintenance whatsoever

5 hours ago, Nidhoggur said:

From my experience, I've found that stress can be managed even without any dedicated decor items  (even with high lvl expectations). :) Just keep your rooms clean, have some lights and keep the dupes dry and warm. Lock off ugly places after you build them. Stuff like batteries or pumps don't need any maintenance whatsoever

funny, now you mention it, my dupes work in the dark but sleep with lights on. :D

Archived