A little rusty on TEX files and item inventory slot images

Hello all, I'm the original creator of the Chester Family. Afetogbo was a major help when it was first released, he dealt with the code while I did everything else including release all updates and so on. Over time Afetogbo lost interest in DST and no longer plays and left the modding world.

Fast forward to today, and I am working on finally updaing all inventory images of the eyebones but I'm a bit rusty. I need to take all of the eyebones, and compile them into one big TEX inventory file but I have not found a step by step guide for how to do this.

I do have TEXTools, which is useful in decompiling the files I already have as TEX files. What else do I need to do though as far as taking my PNG files of the eyebones and converting?

After this will come the one update I've wanted to do since the beginning (Afetogbo refused to do it, he didnt like the idea). I want to make an 'eyebone' slot which would make it so players can only carry one eyebone at a time. Only way to get around this is to stick all eyebones into one of the other chesters. Step by step of where this code would go and such would also be useful.

I would recommend looking at:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=444438334 (DJPaul's Sort Inventory)
(for moving around things in inventory) - with this way you could make the bone fall off you if you don't put it in correct slot.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375850593 (Extra Equip Slots)
For adding more equip slots.

Maybe also add a book you can find, to read about all the new chesters. :)

Edited by EldVarg

A book is a great idea, I will definitely look into making the book. :)

Also ARGH got them all compiled, and now they're just invisible in the inventory slot. Maybe Im just secretly a blond and don't know it but something is weird.

What is the name of your tex file ? You should have something like this :

In modmain, in assets :

Asset("ATLAS", "images/inventoryimages/nameofxmlfile.xml"),

In a prefab file :

inst:AddComponent("inventoryitem")
	inst.components.inventoryitem.imagename = "yourimagename"
	inst.components.inventoryitem.atlasname = "images/inventoryimages/nameofxmlfile.xml"

This is what I have so far for Dubsters eyebone as an example. Im only working on cavester and big daddy's eyebones as well, the other two are setup already with their eyebones(if it's not broke don't fix it)

inst:AddComponent("inventoryitem")
    inst.components.inventoryitem:SetOnPutInInventoryFn(OnPutInInventory)
    inst.components.inventoryitem.atlasname = "images/inventoryimages/eyeboneinventory.xml"

inst.AfestertoyState = "AFESTER"
    inst.OpenEye = "partysticklive_a"
    inst.CloseEye = "partystickead_d"