Natural Gas Geyser Rising/Over Pressure?

What is the physic behind natural gas Over Pressure or Rising Pressure? Some game I noticed the geyser keep spewing out gas non-stop, and some game the geyser keep rising pressure or over pressure. 

I know of the exploit, and I want to avoid using it. Any suggestion?

Untitled.png

2 hours ago, DrDuckling said:

What is the physic behind natural gas Over Pressure or Rising Pressure? Some game I noticed the geyser keep spewing out gas non-stop, and some game the geyser keep rising pressure or over pressure. 

I know of the exploit, and I want to avoid using it. Any suggestion?

If you mean the exploit about geysers that they will continuously produce steam/natural gas, even when the room is overpresured. I think that is fixed already, so there should be no way to 'perform' that glitch anymore and save file that had it will also be normal after that patch.

4 hours ago, DrDuckling said:

I don't think gas geyser ever sends out gas nonstop. It goes through a cycle lasting ten minutes (game clock, it's 200 seconds on triple speed) during which it does not produce any gas for a while, then produces some gas, then more, and then even more, then it resets back to producing nothing. Over that cycle it produces 60 kg of gas.

"Rising pressure" is the part where it does not produce any gas. The description means the pressure is rising inside the geyser, meaning the eruption is coming. Presumably there was also intended some "quiet" phase which is not used at present. The "Over pressure" means the gas pressure over the spout exceeded certain limit, I believe 2 kg per tile - but the geyser keeps producing up to 5 kg per tile so if you keep removing the gas, you can get all of its production despite the "over pressure" status.

23 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

@Kasuha You say 60 kg gas over ten minutes? so the average output of a geyser is always the same? 60kg over 600 sec is 100g/s?

Yes, that's the average gas production of the geyser unless you let it go over pressure at 5 kg per tile.

14 minutes ago, DrDuckling said:

So getting 2 generator (because I thought it always spout out 120g/s) is not ideal. One gen per geyser is more ideal?

5 Gens fed by 3 geysers will run perfectly at capacity. Nothing wrong with using 2 on one geyser. Set up your pump with an atmo switch, and make sure you have enough batteries to hold up for the gaps

30 minutes ago, rezecib said:

Edit: The complex is a little too big because I messed up the average geyser output, revising the math on the wiki now...

If you want the actual numbers...

6 kg over 100 seconds: 0.06 kg/s.
45 kg over 370 seconds: 0.1216 kg/s.
9 kg over 30 seconds: 0.3 kg/s.
Idle for 100 seconds.

Bring it all together you get 60 kg over 600 seconds: 0.1 kg/s.

@Risu I also looked at the code. I made a mistake and forgot to include the downtime when averaging, getting 60 kg over 500s. I didn't think to double-check because it worked out so neatly to supporting 2 natural gas generators, which seemed intentional.

Archived