[Q/bug?] Lure/eyeplants vs bee queen & co.?

Hi all.

Has anyone tried using lureplants in a fight against bee queen? I tested placing 4 of them in a square pattern (7x7 turf tiles), let the eyeplants grow, and started the fight.. And for some reason, the eyeplants just stop respawning after some time of fighting (1-2 days). Is there some limit how many times an eyeplant can respawn, or perhaps an increasing respawn delay? It's a bit difficult to count, but I reckon the eyeplants were able to respawn no more than 8 times. After that, I was left with lureplants, with no eyes:

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 23.00.31.png

is there some limit the wiki doesn't mention, or is this a bug?

On 2017-6-13 at 0:10 AM, mrxarous said:

I think after eyeplants are exhausted it takes like three days to spawn more in. My preference for Wicker is to use tentacles for Bee Queen.

As for Wickerbottom - yeah, it's just a randomly-picked character in the test world. Any suggestions for Willow? :)

Exhaustion - is that an actual mechanic? Wiki doesn't mention anything about exhaustion or why eyeplants should stop spawning (other than winter and turf replacement).

I'll take a look at the code and see if anything looks like this should be happening.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention this, but the square pattern continued further from the honey patch. and about half of the eyeplants of the outermost lureplant were actually outside of the bee queen's range. It was visible here, the eyeplants inside bee queen's range would not respawn, while those outside were still active.

Onto the code:

I see quite a few instances where lureplant's minionspawner component's shouldspawn field is set to false, but all of them are accompanied by the KillAllMinions() call, which is at odds with the behaviour observed. I see that there's also handling of fire damage, so I'll try again, eliminating those from the arsenal. If it doesn't help, I'll at least snap a picture of the half-barren lureplant. As far as I understand the code, this is most likely a bug. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT2:

Half-barren lureplant (BQ on its way back to honey patch, since I'm out of range):

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 23.51.45.png

Restarting the server (even mid-fight) will cause the eyplants to begin respawning immediately. But with a twist - the circle around the lureplants now has sizable patches which aren't covered, and the outermost eyeplants are visibly further away than normal (on a newly-planted lureplant):

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 23.21.56.png

Archived