Why do all characters names start with W?

3 hours ago, NeddoFreddo said:

Kind of, except for the fact that 'Maxwell' is just a stage name and the true name of the character is 'William Carter.' So yeah, all character's names do start with W. Waxwell isn't an easter egg, it's just that so the Maxwell NPC and the Maxwell player character have different prefab names in the files.

Also you are necroposting in this topic which is over a month old, so yeah.

First off - The post I replied to may have necrod this, but I think it's relevant that I replied to that post, which was current.

Further - You can argue what constitutes an "easter egg" all you want, I think calling Maxwell Waxwell (switching the name to a W for the player version) is an easter egg in that it is a hidden gem that a player can find, that contains a subtle joke.  They could have simply named them playermaxwell, but instead they made it start with a W like all of the other player characters, Waxwell.  HAHA

Finally - who cares if the thread is old, it's not like there is a lot of vital traffic on these boards.  Do you think you missed some of the latest news because a thread 1 month old popped up top with some new comments?  get a life.

On 7/12/2017 at 11:59 PM, Shosuko said:

They could have simply named them playermaxwell, but instead they made it start with a W like all of the other player characters, Waxwell.

Hate to be necro'ing here, but I believe they did that so that way each character kind of grouped together when the code referred to them. That's something I've heard though.

Archived