How to find natural gas geyser

Can anyone give me some pointers on where or how I can find natural gas geyser?

On the wiki it says it can be found in the slime biomes, but I can't seems to find it on the

so I have been poking around in the slime biomes but no luck so far, can anyone help?

(Recently started playing ONI again after 2 major update. I started fresh and now my game is around 70+ cycles.)

They have a distinctive sound.  I am told you can pan around the black and -- if you listen closely -- get an idea of general direction.

That said, I also hear you aren't guaranteed them by the map-generator -- so maybe your map is just a rough one.

Look for an orange colored gas in the slime biomes. Often times the geysers still a bit of emit gas even if blocked.

Visually check even the smallest water pockets.  I once had a natgas geyser that only had 2 tiles exposed, the rest was covered by slime and such, and they were water tiles so no natgas was in evidence.  Very easy to miss.

8 hours ago, absimiliard said:

They have a distinctive sound.  I am told you can pan around the black and -- if you listen closely -- get an idea of general direction.

That said, I also hear you aren't guaranteed them by the map-generator -- so maybe your map is just a rough one.

I was wondering about that too, I shall try listen for it.

8 hours ago, onebit said:

Don't tell anyone, but one time I started debug mode and zoomed out to see if I had any geysers.

Of course I can do that, debug mode and fog off. But I want to find it the sign(s) given by the game itself, if there are any.

On 6/7/2017 at 10:45 AM, absimiliard said:

Specifically listen for a gurgling sound.

Archived