DEV. Please check. Update 219035

Hi dev. I think it is a bug. this setup use to work from before 219035 and definitely should work. now they aren't working anymore. please check it out. i tried putting dupes and they won't use the wheel even in priority 9. i tried both wires. i think the transformer is the problem. the top left should be the input power and the bottom right is the output right?

lBHOPtq.png

I mean this should be working right? but no it doesn't.

Pv6v8QC.png

This is my basic setup for my power/oxygen generation. i can have all the power i need when the base is already at max press with oxygen, power loss can be recover with the assist of the wheel and hydrogen gen.

SaEaaqH.png

3 hours ago, Auzziekun said:

Hi dev. I think it is a bug. this setup use to work from before 219035 and definitely should work. now they aren't working anymore. please check it out. i tried putting dupes and they won't use the wheel even in priority 9. i tried both wires. i think the transformer is the problem. the top left should be the input power and the bottom right is the output right?

lBHOPtq.png

I don't understand why you have a battery between the two transformers like this?

Run the wire from your manual gen through the large connection of the first transformer, and then the same wire through your battery/s. This will be your "main line". Next, pull a wire off of the main line, and connect it to the large connection of your second transformer, then connect the lamp (plus any buffer batteries for that circuit) to the small side.

Hope that helps.

Okay, the fact that your dupes won't go running on the wheel in this configuration is a kind of bug but compared with other problems that exist in current release I'd consider it a low priority one. A workaround is that you put some more batteries in the system, for instance one right beside the wheel. Then you may have problems getting your dupes off the wheel instead but that can be solved by disabling it.

3 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

I don't understand why you have a battery between the two transformers like this?

Run the wire from your manual gen through the large connection of the first transformer, and then the same wire through your battery/s. This will be your "main line". Next, pull a wire off of the main line, and connect it to the large connection of your second transformer, then connect the lamp (plus any buffer batteries for that circuit) to the small side.

Hope that helps.

the purpose of the transformer is to separate source line from main line. i use them like that to avoid overloading my source line hence using a transformer. the pic i posted is just a basic idea to picture the problem. they should be working as presented but no it doesn't work anymore post patch.

2 minutes ago, Auzziekun said:

the purpose of the transformer is to separate source line from main line. i use them like that to avoid overloading my source line hence using a transformer. the pic i posted is just a basic idea to picture the problem. they should be working as presented but no it doesn't work anymore post patch.

You can't overload the "main line" if it only contains generators and batteries?

2 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

Okay, the fact that your dupes won't go running on the wheel in this configuration is a kind of bug but compared with other problems that exist in current release I'd consider it a low priority one. A workaround is that you put some more batteries in the system, for instance one right beside the wheel. Then you may have problems getting your dupes off the wheel instead but that can be solved by disabling it.

the function of the transformer is not working properly. we can't say it's not worth to look at. its a simple function of a transformer and its not working.

1 minute ago, Auzziekun said:

the function of the transformer is not working properly. we can't say it's not worth to look at. its a simple function of a transformer and its not working.

You're complaining that dupes won't step on the wheel. That's not even related to function of the transformer. If you use a gas generator instead of the wheel, it will power up the circuit and it will work correctly.

10 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

You can't overload the "main line" if it only contains generators and batteries?

This is a simple setup. as you can see, this helps to protect my wheel source line from over loading. coz all my heavy machines are connected to my main line.

OY1ZMhE.png

6 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

You're complaining that dupes won't step on the wheel. That's not even related to function of the transformer. If you use a gas generator instead of the wheel, it will power up the circuit and it will work correctly.

How is it not a concern that this is not worth complaining. this setup should work but it doesn't. yes i should use other power source but that is not my concern. this set up is.

Pv6v8QC.png

39 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

and omg. i feel bad that i thought that you cheated on your youtube let's play. the thing about "random" spawn of the void. i thougt it can be spawn with debug and paint it yourself. but today i encounter 2 near each other myself. my bad.

52 minutes ago, Auzziekun said:

How is it not a concern that this is not worth complaining. this setup should work but it doesn't. yes i should use other power source but that is not my concern. this set up is.

Pv6v8QC.png

You're missing a bit of cable between battery and pump?

You may need to go back to basics on your wiring buddy - this all seems a little clunky?

3 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

You're missing a bit of cable between battery and pump?

You may need to go back to basics on your wiring buddy - this all seems a little clunky?

its called a wire bridge. and don't mind the design people. my point is the picture below should be working right? its just a basic line. Source>cable>input trans>ouput trans>cable>battery>input trans>output trans>machine.

lBHOPtq.png

19 minutes ago, Auzziekun said:

its called a wire bridge. and don't mind the design people. my point is the picture below should be working right? its just a basic line. Source>cable>input trans>ouput trans>cable>battery>input trans>output trans>machine.

lBHOPtq.png

Sorry bud, but I couldn't see a bridge, and judging by the graphic of the wire, it isn't connected to one.

I just don't fully understand what you're trying to do? You can connect all of your generators on one normal wire (complete with a bank of backup batteries) and then branch off from this wire to multiple transformers for each individual circuit (again with their own respective battery buffers)... 

likedis.png

A quick example - manual gen is generating power onto the heavy watt "main line" complete with 1 battery. The transformers will take charge before anything else, and distribute it immediately if their circuits can receive it, if not it will build up (i.e. once the batteries are filled next to lamps).

Notice the transformers on the right have 1000j ready to go, but the ones below have already sent their power to the batteries next to the lamps.

What i'm trying to show is that on your diagram - the reason your dupe wont go near the manual generator is because you don't have a battery on your main line to trigger the "Battery Recharge Threshold" on the manual generator - it doesn't recognize the battery AFTER the first transformer because that is connected to an output, so is technically a separate circuit. Put a battery BEFORE your first transformer and it will work immediately. 

Hope this helps.

I have to jump on the bandwagon and agree with Auzzikun. The latest patch seems to have destroyed the workings of my base as well.

I've always designed my base's power system using Zervo's steam guide on the workings of Transformers. He was my inspiration:

3B1D8D87285CC16535F81B00A24A36B531D8002E

As you can see, he puts his hamster wheels on a powerline leading up to the main circuit.

The biggest advantage of this layout, is that my dupe operated hamster wheels, can then be build inside the living areas of the base, reducing their stress levels. The batteries are build behind the first transformer PURPOSEFULLY, so that they don't heat up the living area and can supply all other systems with emergency power. That won't happen if the batteries are between the hamster wheel and the first transformer. I NEED and WANT system #3 for best effect.

This is my base:

94A679EE37A4A54F7082A0D992FD55E44EED9587

My power grid is a bit of a mess, but all you need to know is that my hamster wheels use zervo's suggestion: They're on the white looking circuit in the middle. They're in the living areas, and their output leads into the main power systems in the basement with an ordinary wire.

Could I put them on the main, heavy watt power circuit? Nigh impossible. Dragging the heavy what wire up to my living areas kinda defeats the purpose of keeping them seperated and my basement is CO2 choked. 

Part of my base is working on a natural gas geyser, but I still need occasional hamster wheel aid to keep my base running. I'm not well enough established yet to deal with all the CO2 from the natural gas generators. I'm running out of water. I'm about to tap into a geyser, but I need the current system operational until I can cool it down.

Ever since the last patch, my dupes have been unable to recognize the batteries on the main circuits being empty and my base has ground into a death spiral.

I mean, it's nice you people on debug or with already established bases don't have to care, but for anyone starting out and still relying on hamster wheels together with slow, steady & orderly progress, this is a bit of a pain.

I'd really like this fixed. It's debatable whether this is the most pressing issue right now, but it at least has caused me to stop playing ONI until this is fixed. For me at least, this is VERY high priority. This is my second base, it cost me a lot of time and effort, and the last patch has stopped it from functioning. I'll be back when I can continue building up this base again. I really don't feel like starting over.

13 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Sorry bud, but I couldn't see a bridge, and judging by the graphic of the wire, it isn't connected to one.

I just don't fully understand what you're trying to do? You can connect all of your generators on one normal wire (complete with a bank of backup batteries) and then branch off from this wire to multiple transformers for each individual circuit (again with their own respective battery buffers)... 

likedis.png

A quick example - manual gen is generating power onto the heavy watt "main line" complete with 1 battery. The transformers will take charge before anything else, and distribute it immediately if their circuits can receive it, if not it will build up (i.e. once the batteries are filled next to lamps).

Notice the transformers on the right have 1000j ready to go, but the ones below have already sent their power to the batteries next to the lamps.

What i'm trying to show is that on your diagram - the reason your dupe wont go near the manual generator is because you don't have a battery on your main line to trigger the "Battery Recharge Threshold" on the manual generator - it doesn't recognize the battery AFTER the first transformer because that is connected to an output, so is technically a separate circuit. Put a battery BEFORE your first transformer and it will work immediately. 

Hope this helps.

you donnot need to understand what he is trying to do.

the simple circuit should work, but it is not working. that is all about this topic.

my main point was to protect normal wires from heavy watt wires(to my main line). i use this kind normal wires coz it go thru walls so its out of my power room with all the neg decors. this setup below used to work pre patch. and why would a transformer doesn't take power from a wheel generator?

lBHOPtq.png

see this? this is my oxy/power room. an isolated room so the neg decor won't spread. i use this method below coz the the wheel is just for assist. this used to work.

SaEaaqH.png

13 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

likedis.png

Hope this helps.

the simple circuit should work, but it is not working. that is all about this topic.

3 minutes ago, Smartbird said:

agree. idk why can't they understand. they keep giving me a work around but my point was that the thing doesn't work properly anymore. and maybe its a worth a look.

6 minutes ago, Auzziekun said:

agree. idk why can't they understand. they keep giving me a work around but my point was that the thing doesn't work properly anymore. and maybe its a worth a look.

Problem is that most people on this thread, have well established bases that run on natural gas and don't need any more hamsterwheels. They don't see it as a problem because it's not their problem.

It however, IS in fact an objective flaw. And it will haunt anyone who still needs and wants to make the most of the hamster wheels. Even the hamster wheel itself states that it's supposed to check the status of ALL batteries.

D17D074FB772D5ECA8C3C34721D4958C3EFAD853

As you can see, not all batteries are above the refill treshhold. Those in the basement are nowhere near it.

The last patch removed this check, or the system was flawed in some other that still allowed it to work properly.

It is a clear and obvious bug.

1 minute ago, Merauder said:

Problem is that most people on this thread, have well established bases that run on natural gas and don't need any more hamsterwheels. They don't see it as a problem because it's not their problem.

It however, IS in fact an objective flaw. And it will haunt anyone who still needs and wants to make the most of the hamster wheels. Even the hamster wheel itself states that it's supposed to check the status of ALL batteries. The last patch removed this check.

It is a clear and obvious bug.

I fear that's nonsense, you just have overlooked a key basic concept.

Guys, this must have been said about 100 times on the forums now :

Power generators and batteries do not count towards the max wattage that a wire can handle (presently)

If your main concern is keep heavy watt wire out of your base, then all you need to do is use a cavity wall or externally routed wire for your main circuitry - you can STILL connect normal wire to heavy watt with a bridge. In short, put all of your manual generators on normal watt wire, and then connect that to an external (hidden) heavy watt main line. This has been well documented. 

1.png

2.png

Is that enough power for you ?

3 minutes ago, Auzziekun said:

yeah, i think the battery threshold doesn't work either.

And again, it will only check for batteries on the main circuit - by that I mean directly connected to the manual gens. 

However, the priority of power will always route to transformers and their circuits child batteries first, meaning that they fill before your MAIN LINE power banks. 

5 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

I fear that's nonsense, you just have overlooked a key basic concept.

Guys, this must have been said about 100 times on the forums now :

Power generators and batteries do not count towards the max wattage that a wire can handle (presently)

If your main concern is keep heavy watt wire out of your base, then all you need to do is use a cavity wall or externally routed wire for your main circuitry - you can STILL connect normal wire to heavy watt with a bridge. In short, put all of your manual generators on normal watt wire, and then connect that to an external (hidden) heavy watt main line. This has been well documented.

Is that enough power for you ?

I'm already snaking my normal watt wire further into the basement to do something like it. I just hope it won't fry to the stresses of  coming in contact with heavy watt wire that handles loads of 3k Watt or more. We'll see. If you say it works, I'll trust you.

Just keep in mind that the whole spiel of added cavities or the above set-up is a lot to handle for a young base. And our previous solution has been somewhat well documented too. There shouldn't be a reason for it not to work.

Thanks for the reply anyway. I'll see if it works.

3 minutes ago, Merauder said:

I'm already snaking my normal watt wire further into the basement to do something like it. I just hope it won't fry to the stresses of  coming in contact with heavy watt wire that handles loads of 3k Watt or more. We'll see. If you say it works, I'll trust you.

Just keep in mind that the whole spiel of added cavities or the above set-up is a lot to handle for a young base. And our previous solution has been somewhat well documented too. There shouldn't be a reason for it not to work.

Thanks for the reply anyway. I'll see if it works.

I literally built this 5 minutes ago in debug to show you - I'm not saying it will work forever, but it does right now.

In short you need to understand what the "trigger" for the manual generator is, or rather where it's searching for the battery % threshold. Providing you have a battery (or 5000 batteries if you like) on the main circuit, they will trigger if the capacity drops below your chosen threshold on the manual gens, meaning your dupes will use them.

I'm not trying to handicap you or hide things from you, i'm trying to help - so for those who questioned my need for understanding, it was so that I can better help you achieve what you want.

Again, we're all in this together :D 

Just now, Lifegrow said:

I literally built this 5 minutes ago in debug to show you - I'm not saying it will work forever, but it does right now.

In short you need to understand what the "trigger" for the manual generator is, or rather where it's searching for the battery % threshold. Providing you have a battery (or 5000 batteries if you like) on the main circuit, they will trigger if the capacity drops below your chosen threshold on the manual gens, meaning your dupes will use them.

I'm not trying to handicap you or hide things from you, i'm trying to help - so for those who questioned my need for understanding, it was so that I can better help you achieve what you want.

Again, we're all in this together :D 

Welp, I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong.

In this case, I'm wrong. It works. Hooking my hamster wheels up to the main, heavy watt circuit with normal cable does not burn it out and I've only your explanation to go by: only power consumers can short out a wire.

Thanks for the pointers LifeGrow. Lesson learned. Guess I put too much stock, or misunderstood, Zervo's guide.

But cant u just use normal wires instead of heavy. When I feel like cheating I just use normal wires, were you should use heavy watt. If they hot fix it you basically have to start a new base :p

Archived