Gases - Moving them when there is high pressure everywhere

Hello, I am trying to create my usual natural gas system set up and one problem I have is my natural gas generators cannot pump CO2 into a room because its already high pressure in there. In fact most if not all areas outside/ inside my base are high pressure areas. I tried to pump it out of my designated carbon dioxide room but the pump has the same issue vents are over pressure. The room itself is mostly filled with polluted oxygen.  Anything I can do?

P. S. I dont want to just create oxygen with a deodorizer. It will still be high pressure in that room .

13 hours ago, strawberrygirl said:

Never mind I guess using deodorizers was the fix anyway. Yes it created a ton of oxygen which Ill figure out but still somehow it allowed CO2 to be pumped into the room. Perhaps it is less dense than polluted.

The deodorizer only adds 50g of pure oxygen for every 100g of polluted it removes.  So it effectively destoys 50% of the oxygen related air pressure.

4 hours ago, brummbar7 said:

The deodorizer only adds 50g of pure oxygen for every 100g of polluted it removes.  So it effectively destoys 50% of the oxygen related air pressure.

This, this is the easiest quick fix solution if you can't be bothered setting up anything long term to fix the problem - likewise terrariums for CO2 backlog achieve a similar thing due to the properties of the gasses.

Another messy solution is to make a large network of gas pipes to soak up the gas, eventually the pipe will become blocked, but hey your getting rid of 1kg of gas for every piece of pipe, If you are going to do this I would suggest running it along the outside of your colony, and eventually end it in a sealed room, that way you can if you ever want to clean it, add scrubbers etc.

That would be this device

A bubbler is a type of cooler that directly mixes the cooling fluid/gas with the fluid/gas that you're trying to cool where a refrigerator uses an indirect means (Like a radiator) to transfer heat.  Bubblers are useful for situations where the two fluids/gases are easily separated (Like by density) because lots of tiny bubbles can have an enormous surface area for cooling, as opposed to a radiator.

On 06.06.2017 at 7:12 AM, strawberrygirl said:

Hello, I am trying to create my usual natural gas system set up and one problem I have is my natural gas generators cannot pump CO2 into a room because its already high pressure in there.

6 minutes ago, strawberrygirl said:

Thanks! .. and wow. You have a very impressive base there.

Thank you :)

Some people have much bigger bases with 100 dups, hehehe.

BTW I can create movie about how to operate with air circulation on base, and how to remove chlorine/natural gas/CO2/hydrogen/polluted oxygen (w/o sand), interesting?

1 hour ago, Nativel said:

Thank you :)

Some people have much bigger bases with 100 dups, hehehe.

BTW I can create movie about how to operate with air circulation on base, and how to remove chlorine/natural gas/CO2/hydrogen/polluted oxygen (w/o sand), interesting?

Sure that would be great! I would love to see more. I'm sure others would as well. Thanks again!

Archived