New option in server.ini?

On 12.06.2017 at 5:33 AM, linweiqing said:

I used to guess it was, but it wasn't verified. you did it
So the reason why the server crashed is that the old and new versions' saves were different.

No any chance to decode it for del save? :) I tried to change setting to false, but after restart server it is auto true again :)

On 2017-06-11 at 8:33 PM, linweiqing said:

I used to guess it was, but it wasn't verified. you did it
So the reason why the server crashed is that the old and new versions' saves were different.

both of the files can exist without crashing, although when using the en and nonencoded ones they're going to be using different files so one player's encoded: AAABBBCCC will be KU_AABBCC, they'll run off of different files. Maybe you can copy/paste the files from and to there, not tested.

3 hours ago, jmaster said:

No any chance to decode it for del save? :) I tried to change setting to false, but after restart server it is auto true again :)

you need to edit the files while the server is off.

• Developer

It's for a good reason. KU_abcdefghi is different from KU_Abcdefghi but the windows version couldn't handle that, resulting in people with similar KUs being unable to play together.

Would have been nice if there was a check in place and set it to default only in Windows and not on all operating systems, in my case linux. I bet you got here late because of my rant, so I would appreciate if you could tell me how to get the encoded result from a known KU_something. :)

On 7/18/2017 at 5:31 AM, cezarica said:

I would appreciate if you could tell me how to get the encoded result from a known KU_something. :)

Probably, wait for when the world is saved and see where Your known KU associates with the encoded save file. like for ex. KU_ABCDEF -> FJODKSI or something like that.

EDIT: Actually you can do it on server join, look for this, the KU is at the top while lower down you can see where the session files with encoding are.

8872f777666ff34e0c6f541e921c8cb8.png

Archived