Koalefant Domestication

Self-explanatory title. I would love to see Koalenfants be domesticated aswell as saddlable in an update.

They do seem to share very similar animations and scale as the beef after all :]

sorry if this has been discussed to death - have a cute picture 

20170601183551_1.jpg

I guess it was discussed before. I would say that the prob is that even if the anim is close to beefalo one, the beefalo domestication required a lot of work, and it's probably a lot of work for koalefant too, not just using the work done on beefalo.

From my experience that would require new animations, and my experience with the spriter has also been extremely miserable.

As far as functionality goes it might be feasible, but the riding animations likely won't fit too well either, whereas a lot of animations would be missing making the mod feel unnatural.

Overall from my understanding of the spriter it's a decent tool for creating animations, and manageable for things with a single anim file, beefalos however(which you'd aim to take animations from) have multiple anim files, making the process a huge pain.

Also I hate the spriter, did I mention that already?

Too much work on both of them to be honest.  The beefalo is a pain to domesticate, and the Koalephant even more so since they run from you.  If they were to domesticate them, make sure it's easier to do: like with the salt lick being guaranteed to domesticate them when them for a whole season while away from it.

I feel like the taming and riding should be exclusive to the Beefalo. Although I think the Koalaphants need a long-term purpose. Like maybe you could have them as guards, or you could lead them with rope and store things on them with a special chest attachment or saddle. 

elephantwithstuff.jpg

Er, it's not that I think it's a bad idea, it's just that it adds very little to the game, and with the amount of work that'd have to go into this I'd rather they just give us something brand new to ride.

Like what if we could saddle Volt Goats? And they got riding speed bonuses from lightning strikes akin to WX-78? Just a random example. Point is, it's... something different. New. A distinct change to gameplay.

Archived