Water fetching priorities

The 1 kg water deliveries will hopefully get fixed or improved sometime. Also 10 kg of fertilizer deliveries, that's the cringe of later game when dupes shouldn't need to deliver water anymore. I don't see there will be priorities for water bodies though, it does not match any of the game's mechanics.

yah if you make the sink 2 high you wont even get the sopping wet effect from standing in water. but yah the vent stops at 1000k water on the tile if the last packet brings over the 1000k max of a tile it will splash. the valve under it was just to lower the output to the vent to 5k/s to lower the spashing but all it did was slow the sinks fill time. if you use gas permeable the puddle looks like a floating water drop waiting to be used

Well my base is a huge open area with all mesh tiles so that i wouldnt have to bother with dupes collecting water from anywhere except the middle where i placed a huge tank.

The base is large enough so that the middle tank is the closest point to anywhere they need to deliver water......except for the times when i dig out upwards to drain water down to the bottom.

They insist on catching droplets out of the air.....its very irritating. And because of this i either end up sealing the geysers i find above my base or not digging to them at all. Which seems a bit wierd that i have to deny myself resources because the dupes are too dumb to grab water from the tank.....

EDIT: and yes i know i can have oxygen sources with just piped in water to work around this....but the fact that the dupes fequently just grab 1kg drops out of the air when there already is a large body of water for them, it just feels like an oversight from the programmers.

Seems to me it could be partially fixed with some kind of quantity/distance calculation, but that might be expensive.

Or after they pick something up, if they still have room, they would pick up another thing if it is closer to where they are taking it.

I would really just opt in for the paintable overlay where you could forbid any delivery job from being generated (white- or blacklist) on the given tiles. Or have a way to assign pathfinding weights, which is a more generic instrument that can have multiple uses. Something along the Dwarf Fortess style.

I remember those old pre-EA dev casts previewing the game where they would build an algae farm with pump irrigation. The concept still doesn't work well as dupes would try to grab the water right underneath the algae colonies and deliver it manually, whereas the colonies can just "sponge" the water themselves..

Archived