Guesses on the next big patch

Hello All,

In case it has been announced and I didn't see it I am sorry, but the question here is simple, What does everyone think the next big update will be, As far as I am aware we have had Thermal Update and Agricultural Update.

What do you think is next!

If I had to guess: I think there will be more focus on medical stuff. In the current state, you have medical apparatus but the disadvantages you get for ill dupes are rather low. You can go rather unpunished with putting dupes in extreme situations nowadays, making things like medical cots and rejuvenation pods quite useless.

I think they will change that, where for instance a dupe running too much in poluted oxygen gets poisoned and if you do not attend to it he'll die eventually.

A way to manage monster better. Maybe even reproduce them in really good conditions.

A way to create resources like coal and slime (so you can have renewable algae), maybe even sand.

More things to discover when exploring the world.

More dangers, that appear over time, so you need to prepare, instead on focusing only on building your base.

Turbon I agree completely, Not only that the skill medicine is pointless and since the Agricultural update did add a lot to farming this will make people grow medicines or focus more on keeping their base clean. 

Lumina I like the idea of that, like an Adventure Upgrade of some sorts, I only ever leave base to gather polluted water at the moment their is no other need for me to go out. A type of aggressive mob would be a great thing, at the moment all three mobs are passive and rare, well the Morb and Puft are rare. It would be great to try and capture them and create a perfect environment for them to breed.

Risu I have never actually thought about fishing in this game, I see the word Polluted Water and think to myself nothing can live in that, but heck this is an asteroid! Anything can happen! I would love to see more Mobs and Plants because all I ever do is grow Mealwood and I ignore all the mobs, I do need to try and herd them though.

2 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Also i would like to see a way to renew plants that actually aren't renewable.

Other than the Muckroot is there any other plant that isnt renewable? I know that the Wheezewort technically isn't but it doesnt get eaten either. 

The reed one isn't no ? I would like to see more use for the fiber you can obtain, but you need a way to renew it for this.

And i would like being able to have more Wheezewort, but not too easily, to being able to plant more. Some people want more of the decoration plant. Not a need i feel for my part, but offering this possibility isn't a problem, so why not ?

I never use the decoration plant either, take up precious space haha. Ahh ok I didn't know it wasn't renewable, and I am sure there will be more uses for the fibre further down the line.

I would love it if they made it possible to plant a Wheezewort normally, I have no issues with temperature at the moment, everything is stone cold and my dupes don't complain about it only my plantation is warm I struggle to heat anything up so I kinda just gave up. Even my battery farm is in the minus zone and never gets warm.

Games developed by Klei are usually loved by the communities that play them so I don't think they are worried about showcasing as much, besides those paintings have become iconic for me in the game, But I only have them above each of their beds so I have only 33 paintings! mwahaha, I do hope they add other things though to break up the monotony

But I will agree with you Medicine would be my top guess, there is no harsh punishments for things such as chlorine (Which would kill you if I am right) Long exposure to Polluted Oxygen, The Cold. Obviously you do get hypothermia but all that does at the moment is make people sneeze.

12 minutes ago, LeadfootSlim said:

My money's on medical and stress/decor related stuff. If they're going to be showing the game off, bases lined with 1000 Mona Duplisa paintings is a bit of a red flag for showcasing. At least, that's my thought...

There are a few additional assets ready for new lights and decorations. Not seeing anything for stress though.

Does lighting affect dupes at all? I looked at my lighting and there are random sections that have light apparently, but my base is totally dark. For stress there is the Mess tables though and the massage tables. and Decor does have a de-stressing effect. 

I doubt it would be the next patch but if I can hope for it I would love to see a patch implement partial pressures.  I'd find that far more exciting that medical -- although I would be hugely psyched by medical stuff and I'm sure it will get expanded, so perhaps I'm just more excited for something I see not happening than something I see as inevitable (and good).

{edit:  I would so love fishing as well!}

4 hours ago, turbonl64 said:

If I had to guess: I think there will be more focus on medical stuff. In the current state, you have medical apparatus but the disadvantages you get for ill dupes are rather low. You can go rather unpunished with putting dupes in extreme situations nowadays, making things like medical cots and rejuvenation pods quite useless.

I think they will change that, where for instance a dupe running too much in poluted oxygen gets poisoned and if you do not attend to it he'll die eventually.

Currently the medicine skill is criminally unimportant. In other colony games, lime Rimworld, being without a doctor is painful. Have a feeling that being without at least one high-medicine dupe in a future patch will be equally punishing. 

23 minutes ago, Tml90 said:

Life can basically happen in any condition. Just wait for the scary hydrogen crab to appear in the game. :o

This is true there are fish which use arsenic instead of carbon and live in pools of it apparently, Now that is terrifying.

15 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Gimme fishies plx :D And giant wild boars, and burrowing tremor-esque worms, and and and... I luuuuuuuurv animaos :p 

Wasn't it Dunes that had the giant burrowing worms? Last thing I need is them near me haha

more electric update plzzz

I'm tire the problem of overloaded circuits. Is has very problem and I don't know how to solve it, the normal wire sometime is overloaded circuits with out reason (I'm checking is not the overload than it handle) and the heavy wire can't put in the tile while most of my colony has a close room for environment control.

Archived