Is Misery Toadstool and Regular Toadstool Worth Fighting?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Are the lamps and napsacks worth it? They might patch the duplication so don't base your vote on that.

• No, too expensive to kill it.
    • Yes, I need my lamps.

It really depends on with what team you want to kill it. If there are at least 4-6 people, the fight will be quite easy and not that expencive, especially if you have a Wigfrid. If you want to solo it and you're not one of those who speedrun it, than it'll be more than difficult and expencive...

They aren't supposed to be worth the boss fight since he cost a freakin' arm to beat in terms of ressources, it's supposed to be "funny items" (at least for the napsack).

And i'm pretty sure the lamp is for decoration so it's not worth a boss with 56 000.

(But for me it's totally worth it)

Seeing as combined with the christmas update lamps literally have the potential to be always on and with bundling wrap lightbulbs never expire the lamps are quite nice indeed if you want to keep a larger base well lit for, say, walking over to your chests in the middle of the night, or if you just want to see everything around you, or if you don't want to waste firewood in autumn.

You can actually get these things all from Klaus, but seeing as he more often than not gives you the useless stuff (Down feathers, bearger fur, friggin steel wool and most annoyingly the spider queen hat of all things) it make take you a while.

Toadstool himself, if you focus on him, is not really too difficult with 1-2-4 people so long as you know what you're doing. I don't think misery toadstool is possible with 1 person not because he's particularly more difficult, but because you'll probably break all your weapons while smacking his giant froggy butt(and sporeclouds cause food to rot, which can take a hambat from a useful weapon to worse than a spear to vanishing into nothingness). And a helpful hint with soloing him - burn down the trees. Yes, they make sporeclouds, but if you're doing it ALONE, you don't have, yknow, other people to worry about.

Misery toadstool is just toadstool with 2x the stats (i think) and a higher drop for blueprints, including a guranteed napsack blueprint (normal toadstool only drops 2 blueprints, misery drops 4 with one for sure being napsack, and I am not sure if Klaus drops the napsack blueprint)

Napsack is one of the greatest things ever. You can make 4 sacks using 1 TS skin and then deconstruct the sacks. This gives you 4 skins for one skin, which is 3 skins profit. So it's enough to kill misery TS just once and then farm unlimited skins from napsacks. 

Misery basically gives you the tools to get infinite Shroom Skin, and the drops they share are either great for mushroom planters/bootleg belt of hunger for head slot(Funcaps), or Lights which while good, are pretty bothersome to refuel with megabases(Or have a too small area of light, ahem ahem, Glowcap).

The drops are useful, just not useful enough for what Toadstool is.

Seeing as combined with the christmas update lamps literally have the potential to be always on and with bundling wrap lightbulbs never expire the lamps are quite nice indeed if you want to keep a larger base well lit for, say, walking over to your chests in the middle of the night, or if you just want to see everything around you, or if you don't want to waste firewood in autumn.

You can actually get these things all from Klaus, but seeing as he more often than not gives you the useless stuff (Down feathers, bearger fur, friggin steel wool and most annoyingly the spider queen hat of all things) it make take you a while.

Toadstool himself, if you focus on him, is not really too difficult with 1-2-4 people so long as you know what you're doing. I don't think misery toadstool is possible with 1 person not because he's particularly more difficult, but because you'll probably break all your weapons while smacking his giant froggy butt(and sporeclouds cause food to rot, which can take a hambat from a useful weapon to worse than a spear to vanishing into nothingness). And a helpful hint with soloing him - burn down the trees. Yes, they make sporeclouds, but if you're doing it ALONE, you don't have, yknow, other people to worry about.

Misery toadstool is just toadstool with 2x the stats (i think) and a higher drop for blueprints, including a guranteed napsack blueprint (normal toadstool only drops 2 blueprints, misery drops 4 with one for sure being napsack, and I am not sure if Klaus drops the napsack blueprint)

Also Klaus does not drop the Napsack Blueprint.

18 hours ago, Angibot said:

They aren't supposed to be worth the boss fight since he cost a freakin' arm to beat in terms of ressources, it's supposed to be "funny items" (at least for the napsack).

And i'm pretty sure the lamp is for decoration so it's not worth a boss with 56 000.

(But for me it's totally worth it)

it's easiest way to refill lamps with fresh spores from fun caps, so, it's not only decoration

I think the purpose of the toadstool isn't to worth fighting. Is to give a fight to do if you like fighting. You don't like it ? Don't do it, you don't miss that much. You like challenge ? Ok, go for it.

A better reward will just create frustrations like "i hate this boss but i have to do it", and it's awful. With the current reward, most people will not feel forced to do the boss, which is fine.

I saw too many game with a not-so-fun content giving too good items and players complaining about having to do a fight. Better not doing the same thing here.

2 hours ago, Lumina said:

I think the purpose of the toadstool isn't to worth fighting. Is to give a fight to do if you like fighting. You don't like it ? Don't do it, you don't miss that much. You like challenge ? Ok, go for it.

A better reward will just create frustrations like "i hate this boss but i have to do it", and it's awful. With the current reward, most people will not feel forced to do the boss, which is fine.

I saw too many game with a not-so-fun content giving too good items and players complaining about having to do a fight. Better not doing the same thing here.

Spoiler

dark souls 3 and wow bosses

That's what i mean't in my post but you formulated it in a better way 

And you can do the ultimate bragging only if you beat him naked with ham bat :3

Archived