Buff Treeguard and Deerclops

Just now, JohnWatson said:

All bosses should spawn infinite minions every 5 seconds, much like the Bee Queen, so that they are properly challenging.

Best, players are equipped with high blood pressure medication 

For me, Treeguard is a mini-boss, and since you can encounter it pretty randomly, even very early game when you aren't prepared, it's important to be able to learn how to fight. Learning kitting is something you should be able to do, and treeguards are good for that. So they should stay the same.

For Deerclop, it's the first giant you will encounter. And i feel that kitting him is harder, i still don't feel like i could kill a deerclop alone.

I wouldn't mind Deerclop gaining ability after the first year, meaning that you first encounter will be as it is now, and encounter in second year and more requiring a little more work. Why not.

On 5/31/2017 at 10:21 AM, Donke60 said:

That's how you kill every boss

that's how you "typically" kill every boss. 

i once killed deerclops without even touching him. when i heard his roar, i ran away from my base directly to the forest/ i completely forgot my thermal stone in the furnace so i had to set trees on fire to keep myself warm and the fire spread to other trees and it killed deerclops, i saw him get "roasted" in front of me. the funniest accidental boss death i've ever had.

No.

Treeguard is supposed to be the easiest boss, especially because the treeguard is supposed to be farmed for living logs.

The Deerclops is actually one of the harder bosses in the game, as you both need to manage sanity and temperature in order to get at its eyeball.

Even then, (basically) all bosses are fought using that method, with some variations with certain bosses. 

Every boss should spawn mini bosses that spawn minions too. And get enraged with gain of temporary immunity to player's attacks from time to time due to mini bosses or minions deaths. When bosses die, should break in mini bosses; and mini bosses in minions. Heck, all bosses should also have some special weapons - that shoot lasers with AoE (everybody likes lasers, right?!). And teleport - all cool bosses teleport! And use the Force! ("Use the Force, Luke... [I mean] Deer!") Who needs a nice fun game?! We should all be try hards and die hards! Or die. Die a lot. Like in... bash-the-keyboard-on-screen-rage die a lot! One doesn't simply "git gud" just like that! One must really REALLY work the sweat and blood out of "gid gud"! We need to make "git gud" GREAT AGAIN! Most players - like in over 90% of player base, newbies most included - nowadays beat Deer like its a rabbit; gang on poor fellow, bless him, they do - and that's unacceptable! Vive le fromage! :frog:

I think a buff would be nice.  Though for that buff, I would like a bigger reward and it has to make sense.

Buffed up Tree guardian: keep on killing all the treeguards, and the leader shows up.  A bigger one that takes more hits, but drops 4 monster meat and 12 living logs.

Make the Deerclops stronger as the seasons go on.  Though when he gets powerful enough, make the loot his horns.  I always thought his horns would make for a great weapon.

41 minutes ago, LuxuryHeart said:

I think a buff would be nice.  Though for that buff, I would like a bigger reward and it has to make sense.

Buffed up Tree guardian: keep on killing all the treeguards, and the leader shows up.  A bigger one that takes more hits, but drops 4 monster meat and 12 living logs.

Make the Deerclops stronger as the seasons go on.  Though when he gets powerful enough, make the loot his horns.  I always thought his horns would make for a great weapon.

Giving them more damage and health would do nothing they need more complicated attacks or patterns if you want to buff them effectively 

Archived