Warning: This contains spoilers for bosses/ANR content.

Anyways, this is a list of mine I've been working on that orders every boss and raid boss in DST by difficulty.

S+ (the hardest)

Misery Toadstool

The is the hardest boss in the game, misery toadstool, comes in with increased damage than its predecessor, and a record hp amount (that is currently in the game), 99,999, making him the hardest boss in DST.

Summoning: Blow up a "Volatile" Canary on toadstool stump, then chop it.

Tips: A Maxwell/Bunch of Weather Pains greatly help out with this fight. Don't bring hambats.

S (Second hardest)

Ancient Fuel Weaver.

Of all of the raid bosses, AFW has the second lowest hp (above Ancient Guardian) at 16,000. Despite this, the Fuel Weaver is insanely difficult boss, being next to impossible solo.

Summoning: Find the Ruin Atrium via a giant tentacle portal, then find the portal, insert an "Ancient Key" (drop from Ancient Guardian) into the portal, build the correct formation of the skeleton, and then use a shadow atrium on it (drop from a level three Shadow Piece)

Tip: Nightmare Amulet and Weather Pain help out loads with this boss. 

S- (Third hardest) Worst Boss.

Bee Queen.

This boss is a complete mess. The supposed Queen of Bees is effectively a tank/crowd control fest. 

Summoning: Hammer a giant beehive in the Bee Biome. (the one with Killer Bee Hives)

Tips: A Wigfrid is a must for this fight, and Wendy can act as a discount Wigfrid if a Wigfrid isn't available. Scale Mail and Beekeeper hat can help out too. (switch out Scale Mail for Log Suit/Nightmare Armor when the Queen is almost dead)

A+:

Shadow Pieces:

Pointless gateway boss.

Summoning: Create a knight, a rook, and a bishop statue out of either cut stone or marble. place them next to each other. then, wait for a new moon. When it is new moon, chant the holy nome prayer backwards ten times, whilst tap dancing in a Gandalf costume with Foodfight playing the background hammer the statues

Tips: Do it with friends, third level bosses can't be kited without speed boosts or teleports.

Ancient Guardian:

Raid boss. Literally a Clockwork Rook with more HP and a close range attack after his/her/its charge attack.

Tips: just fight him like a clockwork rook. Bring a friend.

Dragonfly:

A former seasonal giant, the dragonfly is basically a discount Bee Queen. 

Location: Found in a set piece in the "drylands" (sphereical cacti, no oasis) desert.

Tips: wall off the lava pools with stone walls.

Toadstool:

Similar to the misery toadstool, the toadstool just does less damage, and only has half the misery toadstool's hp (50,000)

Summoning: Chop down one of the purple mushrooms found in random set pieces in the caves.

Tips: same as misery toadstool.

B+:

Klaus:

Easiest raid boss. Has two gem deer which can freeze or burn targets.

Summoning: use one of the deer horns (dropped from a no-eyed deer running into a tree during winter) on the randomly spawning treasure bag.

Tips: DO NOT KILL THE GEM DEER. Use the cane to avoid gem deer AoE  freeze/burn and the phase 2 Klaus's leap

B:

Antlion:

My least favorite boss, hardest seasonal giant.

Summoning: when in summer, feed the Antlion a fully frozen, warm, or hot thermal stone. Antlion is found in "Lightening Bluff" (Regular cactus, has oasis) Desert.

Tips: This boss sucks. You can burn the sand castle with a torch.

Deerclops:

We all know this one, so why explain it. Second hardest seasonal giant

Spawns: During the night of day 30 (normally), spawns randomly every winter following.

Tips: Bring a Tam O' Shanter + a couple of logsuits. Also bring a hambat/few tentacle spikes or a few dark swords if available. Cooked cactus flesh/some good sanity restoration items are a must.

C:

Goose/Goose:

Second easiest seasonal giant. 

Spawns: Beginning of spring, lays eggs in multiple of the random collections of twigs around the world. Spawns also when the mosslings that hatched from the egg are harmed

Tips: Frog rain.

Spider Queen:

Second easiest "other" boss.

Spawns: Randomly from T3 Spider dens.

Tips: don't even bother, they aren't worth your time.

D:

Treeguard:

Second easiest boss, easiest "other" boss.

Spawns: when enough trees are cut down in a frame of time.

Tips: None needed, they are a complete push over. Taking them on solo is the best course of action.

F:

Bearger:

Absolutely the easiest boss. 

Spawns: at the beginning of the second of autumn, and the beginning of any autumn following.

Tips: Just bring him/her/it/garbage through a large/dense forest. The Treeguards that inevitably spawn from garbage's rampage will defeat garbage easily. Also, you will score loads of resources in the process.

Not actually bosses:

D:

Varg:

This isn't a boss, but people kept nagging me to put it on here. Spawns hounds for an attack.

Spawns: by chance at the end of a hunt.

Tips: Don't bother fighting it. It is a complete waste of time. If need be, lead him to your hound-wave safe spot (which should have loads of tooth traps), or fence him in and farm the hounds he spawns.

Anyways, what was your opinion on this? (insert rest of "constructive criticism is welcome" speech)

Good job!
Thanks @Chaos2, I havent played in a while. This really has updated things for me and now I know I must never mess with Misery and I feel sad for Bearger. :)

But I got a question, could Varg be considered a boss? Since his abilities add some difficulty on early game.

@DelroyBM No. "Other" bosses and Giants (Except Antlion) are indicated by a seasoanl boss theme. And raid bosses (possibly excluding AG) are indicated by having their own boss theme in addition to high stats. Varg lacks this, and as such, is not considered a "boss" but can be considered a "mini-boss" in a way.

Nice tier list, but maybe you could include Shipwrecked bosses?

Misery Toadstool is the same as normal Toadstool but with higher stats. It's like fighting a Tier 1 Treeguard vs fighting a Tier 3 Treeguard.

Compared to pre-nerf Toadstool, Misery Toadstool is nothing. 99,999 hp is technically not record breaking since pre-nerf Toadstool had 156,500 hp (and a 5 minute time limit!)

IMO the Fuelweaver is still the hardest fight, because if you have poor coordination on the toadstool fight he'd still be loosing HP, just more slowly. The Fuelweaver however has the ability to heal himself and if you play poorly or aren't prepared he can heal himself faster than you can deal damage.

Deerclops can be killed just as easily as Bearger using the treeguard method, and has lower HP, so if that's why you dislike Bearger so much (rather than the uselessness of his drops), the ranking doesn't make sense. Also, Deerclops can be tanked if you're standing on a campfire.

Let's see here...

I'll try not to point out what everyone else has already pointed out.

15 hours ago, Chaos2 said:

Don't bring hambats.

A hambat can be used in the fight if you drop it (preferably by right-clicking with a full inventory) before running away to deploy the spore cloud. Seeing how much health this boss has, being able to drop the hambat efficiently can greatly decrease the resource cost.

Of all of the raid bosses, AFW has the lowest hp (tied with Ancient Guardian) at 10,000

Actually, the fuel weaver has 16,000 health.

A Wigfrid is a must for this fight, and Wendy can act as a discount Wigfrid if a Wigfrid isn't available. Scale Mail and Beekeeper hat can help out too.

I'd say that Wendy would help out more than a Wigfrid in this fight, provided she brings enough Abigail flowers to the fight. Also, seeing how this is a tank fight, it would be better to bring a marble suit (arguably cheaper), step away from the grumble bees' attacks and unequip when runnng after the Bee Queen when she flies away (switching to a magiluminescence or a log suit would work well).

Use the cane to avoid gem deer AoE  freeze/burn and the phase 2 Klaus's leap

The gem deers' attacks can only truly be avoided by either stepping out of the deers' casting range (for the fire deer) or using a combination of the walking cane, a magiluminescence and a road (or Wolfgang / WX-78 speed boosts) (for the ice deer). As for the jump attack, it can be dodged without the cane. 

Tips: This boss sucks.

Many people find this boss more fun than the other seasonal bosses in the game, mostly because of the new attack mechanics. Instead of typing "this boss sucks" you could have put some actual tips, like bringing a torch or fire staff to turn the sand castle walls into glass sculptures and have more dodging space, and bringing a friend to the fight because of how it can only attack one person at a time (I could be wrong on this last one)

14 hours ago, Chaos2 said:

Varg lacks this, and as such, is not considered a "boss" but can be considered a "mini-boss" in a way.

I'd say that the varg is harder than all of the seasonal giants (excluding antlion) and should be in this list, as opposed to treeguards, which shouldn't even be on the list due to how easy and simple they are.

12 minutes ago, Electroely said:

A hambat can be used in the fight if you drop it (preferably by right-clicking with a full inventory) before running away to deploy the spore cloud. Seeing how much health this boss has, being able to drop the hambat efficiently can greatly decrease the resource cost.

Hambats aren't a recommendation because: 1. (correct me if I am wrong) both variations of toad can rot hambats. 2. It would be wiser to bring dark swords, as they don't lose damage as durability goes down, deal more damage, and lessen time expended, which means lower chance of messing up, and less food needed/consumed.

I'd say that Wendy would help out more than a Wigfrid in this fight (1), provided she brings enough Abigail flowers to the fight. Also, seeing how this is a tank fight, it would be better to bring a marble suit (arguably cheaper) (2), step away from the grumble bees' attacks and unequip when runnng after the Bee Queen when she flies away (switching to a magiluminescence or a log suit would work well).

1. Personal salt + a Wigfrid can tank a number better than a Wendy. 2. Wrong. The reason a scale mail is recommended is because it ignites the grumble bees, which force them to "panic" and not attack the player for a short while.

The gem deers' attacks can only truly be avoided by either stepping out of the deers' casting range (for the fire deer) or using a combination of the walking cane, a magiluminescence and a road (or Wolfgang / WX-78 speed boosts) (for the ice deer). As for the jump attack, it can be dodged without the cane. Running in curved paths also has helped greatly with the fight with both the deer and the chomp.

Many people find this boss more fun than the other seasonal bosses in the game, mostly because of the new attack mechanics. Instead of typing "this boss sucks" you could have put some actual tips, like bringing a torch or fire staff to turn the sand castle walls into glass sculptures and have more dodging space, and bringing a friend to the fight because of how it can only attack one person at a time (I could be wrong on this last one) Personal salt again. Hate Antlion cause her fight is literally weaponized vision blocking imo. But to each his own, of course.

I'd say that the varg is harder than all of the seasonal giants (excluding antlion) and should be in this list, as opposed to treeguards, which shouldn't even be on the list due to how easy and simple they are. But the Varg isn't a boss whilst the Treeguard is. Hence the name "Boss difficulty scale" 

13 hours ago, KoreanWaffles said:

Nice tier list, but maybe you could include Shipwrecked bosses? No. This is for DST bosses only. Besides, all of the shipwrecked bosses would be treeguard-spider queen level at best. (looking at you worst nuclear throne boss Quacken.)

Misery Toadstool is the same as normal Toadstool but with higher stats. It's like fighting a Tier 1 Treeguard vs fighting a Tier 3 Treeguard. The reasoning behind this is that you have to spend more weapons, food items, etc on this boss. plus, the timing makes it more likely for you to mess up and take damage during the fight.

Compared to pre-nerf Toadstool, Misery Toadstool is nothing. 99,999 hp is technically not record breaking since pre-nerf Toadstool had 156,500 hp (and a 5 minute time limit!) Not necessary, especially since I already knew this. Assume this always when posting this information.

note: italics are portions that i rebutted, and bold lines are my comments.

25 minutes ago, Chaos2 said:

Hambats aren't a recommendation because: 1. (correct me if I am wrong) both variations of toad can rot hambats. 2. It would be wiser to bring dark swords, as they don't lose damage as durability goes down, deal more damage, and lessen time expended, which means lower chance of messing up, and less food needed/consumed.

As I said, you can drop the hambat and it won't lose durability from Toadstool. 

1. Personal salt + a Wigfrid can tank a number better than a Wendy. 2. Wrong. The reason a scale mail is recommended is because it ignites the grumble bees, which force them to "panic" and not attack the player for a short while.

Abigail can take out many grumble bees at a time, while wigfrid will take out one at a time. If you focus your time on the grumble bees you probably won't be getting anywhere since bee queen makes grumble bees faster than you would be able to kill them. Also, the scale mail requires a drop from a raid boss (or 3 people / 2 people + wigfrid / Wolfgang with dark sword) and has pretty low durability, while dodging the grumble bees would be less destructive to nature and more resource efficient.

Personal salt again. Hate Antlion cause her fight is literally weaponized vision blocking imo. But to each his own, of course.

I was hoping you'd focus more on the second part.

But the Varg isn't a boss whilst the Treeguard is. Hence the name "Boss difficulty scale" 

I was just pointing out that it would be better if you added the varg in, since his difficulty is comparable to a boss's. Also, treeguards are easier than Bearger in many ways.

he reasoning behind this is that you have to spend more weapons, food items, etc on this boss. plus, the timing makes it more likely for you to mess up and take damage during the fight.

What I think they were saying is that Misery Toadstool wouldn't really be the hardest boss in the game, seeing how he's just a toadstool with bigger stats, which is already an easy (but time and resource consuming) raid boss.

Not necessary, especially since I already knew this. Assume this always when posting this information.

The record was already broken by pre-nerf toadstool. Which is exactly what waffles was saying. 99,999 HP won't break the record of 156,000 HP, even if the boss was already nerfed. Instead of saying "record hp", using the terms "highest hp in the game" would've been a more accurate choice.

4 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

Treeguards are easier than the Bearger because of they have a less complicated kiting pattern and they can be killed via tanking. I just find bearger easier because the tactic used (having the bearger rampage through a forest) makes the boss a complete push over.

Also, the Bee Queen is not a boss, it's a patience test. Abeed.

6 minutes ago, Nanoking308 said:

If you know who to successfully kite a normal Toadstool, the misery Toadstool should be no problem for you. Hunger exists, you know.

Varg should be on there because a mini-boss is still a boss. Fine. He isn't even difficult if you know what you are doing.

The comparison between pre-nerf toad and misery toad is abysmal. Pre-nerf toad was a joke. Look a joeshmocoolstuff's video, that little of bunnymen took him out, you didn't even have to chop the trees, and his ai was so broken it was sad. You can't even kill regular toadstool with 30 bunnymen, not even 50 bunnymen with helms. Saying that misery toadstool is easier than pre-nerf toad is ignorent if you haven't fought both of them with a lot of people/1-2 people. The thing with misery toad is he does 2x the damage. If you plan to kill this guy solo or two people, you need a lot of weather pains 15-35 depending on the amount of players. This means you will have to take TONS of risks dealing extra damage before you run out of weapons and weather pains. This means face tanking hits with bone armor, leaving spores on top of him, and hoping you don't get bad rng with stomp into far reaching mushrooms. 2 mushrooms with foot ball helms deal 60-120 damage depending on how many mushtrees, so if you get hit 2-3 times without noticing you got hit by 1 earthquake rock or stomp and it uses your bone armor, you can die very easily. Keep in mind you have to do 40,000 damage while he is in stomping phase meaning in between tree spawns you can only get 20-30 hits per phase, depending on earthquake rng from stomps. He starts off with ground pound after you weather pain trees, so you can't hit him, then he immediately does a 2 spore, so you have to either risk setting one near him, or waste more time not dealing damage, then you get 1-2 mushrooms, 1 stomp, 1 spore, 1-2 mushrooms, 1 stomp, then trees again (May be a bit different, but too busy to check). Overall if you are doing this fight 1-2 people, with no wolfgangs, this is by far the hardest fight in the game. Even with 3-5 people this is still way harder than bq and fw. But the reward is well worth it, from infinite toad skins, with green gems.

Tl;dr: People overestimate how difficult pre-nerf toad was, and misery toad is much more difficult than most people think.

Archived