Secrets of the Higgsbury Family (A Don't Starve Fanfic) And FanStuff

3 hours ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

I pulled out my notebook and started to draw. I tried my art style on some the characters.

STHF sketch.jpeg

I draw cats better than people.

Hey Guys! If I ever try to draw anyone from the story, Can I do it in this art style? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

STHF sketch.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

Hey Guys! If I ever try to draw anyone from the story, Can I do it in this art style? 

Sure! Try practicing bodies too. It's nice to see you spreading out with art now.:wilson_smile:

"For a carter"... Does that mean Charlie and Maxwell got married? :wilson_shocked:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

Jack's last name was also Carter. Could be related to him.

I think both Maxwell/William and Jack are Carters

Eitherway, that person will be related to both of them.

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 1

Chapter 9 (Part 1)

“Rocks, Papyrus, Shave, Shoot!” Webber and Wendy shout.

Webber makes papyrus while Wendy make rock. Wendy sighs.

“I win!”

“Fine. I’ll go fix all the traps.”

“And?”

“And not sacrifice spiders for a week.”

“Yay! Once your done, we can play!”

Webber happily munched on some meatballs while waiting for Wendy to finish. Abigail was floating beside him, turning red.

“What? She made the bet. I merely agreed to it.”

“Look wise guy. If you harm my sister, you deal with me.”

“What do you mean Abby?”

“You like her, don’t you?”

“I never said that!”

“Denial is the clincher!”

“Hehe… You’re not going to tell Wendy are you?”

“No.”

A moment of silence...

“Wendy! I have something to tell you!” Abigail floats off.

“Abby no! Wait!”

Webber tries to catch Abigail. He goes rights through her, realizes she’s a ghost and falls to the floor.

“You forgot something didn’t you.”

“Yes. Please don’t tell her!”

“Alright. Not unless she asks.”

“I can live with that. I’m going back to munching on meatballs.”

Webber walks back to where he left the meatballs and leaves Abigail alone.

“Abigail.”

“Hello?”

“Abigail? I’ve been waiting a long time to see you. Come here.”

Abigail floats toward the shady part of the forest. Following the mysterious voice. The trees covered most of the light. There were birds everywhere. They were gathering here for some weird reason. Abigail sees someone else. She stood upright in front of her. Who are you? She looks at the ground. No shadow? And she’s floating? She looks at the woman’s face.

Abigail in the forest, Mother.jpeg

“Mother?”

Mother? Abigail are you seeing things? And Webber, you admitted it didn't you. :wilson_smile: (I'm proud)

Late night update! Nah. It's only 10:08 pm. (will be posting late tomorrow)

I'm a bit rusty in drawing cats but it's better than when I draw them as people. :) 

(I hate the scanner... It hard to make the lines visible)

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 2

Sorry to burst your bubble guys but...

Chapter 9 (Part 2)

“Mother?”

“Regrettably Abigail, I am not your mother.”

“But you look like her and sound like her, you must be her.”

“My mother is the sister of your mother. That could explain why I look like her.”

“Does that make us…”

“Family”

“But mother never mentioned that she had a sister.”

“It was for the best.”

“The best for what?”

“Abigail, your mother was trying to protect you. It was already too late for her sister anyway.”

“Too late. But why? Who is your mother?”

“The creature of the night.”

“Charlie?”

“Yes.”

“If your mother is Charlie, only one person can be your father. Uncle William.”

“Correct.”

“Are you the one who's been attacking Mr. Wilson?”

“No, that isn’t me. But I can assure you that whatever I say is true.”

“Are you also dead? Are you hiding? Who summoned you?”

“One, Yes I am dead. I’m hiding from Maxwell. And I’m not sure who summoned me.”

“Why are you hiding?”

“Maxwell, after he took over my father. All he wants now is me gone. He thinks I might do something that will ruin what he’s planning.”

“What is he planning?”

“I have no idea. I’m trying to figure it out.”

“Is there anything I can do?”

“You can’t do anything for now. Best to wait.”

“Alright.”

“I better go now. I have few other things to do.”

“Wait, before you go. What’s your name?”

“Nightingale.”

Nightingale faded into the light and Abigail was left alone. She headed back to camp. Wendy had just finished her chores. Webber dozed off under a tree.

“Wendy!”

“Abigail! Where have you been?”

“I met someone.”

“Who?”

“Our cousin.”

“We have a cousin?”

“Yes. But don’t tell anyone, she’s hiding.”

“Ok, if you say so.”

“Let’s play?”

“I kind of want to prank Webber for now.”

“Let’s do it.”

I have plans for the Abigail and Wendy's mother but for now their cousin will step in for now...

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 2

You guys don't mind if I take a break from the Higgsbury family first? Because my dang head got another story that it wants to write about the Carter family. But It won't take too long though. I still got the entire concept in my head. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

"Whaaaaat?"

Oh ofcourse! It's the only Carter member we haven't really gotten any attention on. I don't even think Aileen's made her own interpretation of the twins mother/Jack's wife iirc.

Yeah... Anyway, I'm currently making a short story about the Carters. It's about Jack, his wife, William, Charlie, Nightingale and of course the twins, Wendy and Abigail

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

You guys don't mind if I take a break from the Higgsbury family first? Because my dang head got another story that it wants to write about the Carter family. But It won't take too long though. I still got the entire concept in my head. 

I don't mind. Sorry if I put that idea in your head :p

13 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I don't mind. Sorry if I put that idea in your head :p

Nah. I had for a while now. The problem was where would I start? It shouldn't take that long. It will just be at most three parts.

(I went back to swimming. My normal thinking place for stories. I thought about the starting point there.)

• Like 1

Carters: The Birth of Wendy and Abigail (Part 1 of Three)

“Excuse me!”

“Ow!”

“Hey!”

“Watch it!”

Jack was hurrying home from work. He has just received news that his wife Cindy was about to give birth to their child. Nothing would stop him from getting home. After his car broke down, he had to run home. Even if that meant being kind of rude while running into people. It was almost night time. He just ran past the theatre where his brother William used worked. Now the theatre was condemned. He was looking at the theatre when he crashes into someone.

“Mr. Carter, could you watch where you’re going?”

“I'm sorry Mr. Higgsbury. I’m in a hurry. My wife is in labour.”

“Children… I remember when I my two boys were still young. Now one t reached twenty and the other just recently reached his nineteenth.”

“Mr. Carter, a word of advice.”

“Yes?”

“Best to appreciate your children before they go away. You wouldn’t want them to end up like mine. Neither like me now and without a mother, they were never reminded to give me a second chance.

“I’ll take a note of that.”

Jack made it home. He opens the door and makes his way to the bedroom. Cindy was lying on the bed. Charlie was inside too. She noticed Jack come in the door.

“Hey, wait outside! You’re not a doctor!”

“Umm…”

“I know what I’m doing besides she’s my sister. I wouldn’t let anything bad happen to her.”

Charlie slams the door in Jack’s face. Rude. Jack starts pacing back and forth in front of the door. Hardly thinking and worrying about Cindy. Maxwell saw his brother pacing.

“Jack. Calm down.”

“How can I calm down?”

“Just breathe. I wasn’t this worked up when Charlie went into labour.”

“Well, I’m not you.”

“How’s the writing going? Anyone liking your news articles?”

“No.”

“Update me. I’ve been so focused on my magic show for quite some while now.”

Jack told William about what happened recently. A man’s disappearance. The circus that came into town. Someone who nearly burnt the mental asylum down. A performance artist was awarded. And other news.

“The news gets weirder and weirder, doesn’t it?”

“Yes...”

“Max? Have you ever thought about your daughter? I know she’s been gone for a while now and hasn’t come back.”

“Nightingale?”

“The poor girl was heartbroken, wasn’t she?”

“Jack… Can we not talk about her? Please. She already gives a bad name to our family after the accident.”

“I don’t think that way.”

“You're barely a parent. Your child is about to be born soon, best to focus on that.”

“Jack!” Charlie called.

“Got to go.”

Jack opened the door to the room. Cindy passed out. Charlie was holding the child.

“How is she or he?”

“They’re both fine Jack.”

“Both?”

“Jack you have twins!”

Time: A few years after the accident in the theatre

Charlie is a doctor.

Maxwell still in his magic show. (I only called him William because that's how Abigail and Wendy know him)

Jack is a news article wriitter.

Cindy / Jack's wife is a gardener.

Nightingale disappeared.

Mr. Higgsbury (Father of Wilson and Albert) lives alone as his sons has left the house and have their own lives.

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 2

Thanks for explaining your author notes. I was wondering who the Higgsbury you mentioned in the story was. Kind of interesting your Jack is a newspaper reporter.

By the way, do you have theories on the beefalo skin trader in DST is? I'm waiting for Klei to explain who he is but maybe you have ideas?

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Thanks for explaining your author notes. I was wondering who the Higgsbury you mentioned in the story was. Kind of interesting your Jack is a newspaper reporter.

By the way, do you have theories on the beefalo skin trader in DST is? I'm waiting for Klei to explain who he is but maybe you have ideas?

Interesing... Now that you bring that up. I kind of have an idea that I will implement soon or later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

Interesing... Now that you bring that up. I kind of have an idea that I will implement soon or later.

His sprite file is named "jack" and fans are worried that beefalo trader could be Maxwell's brother but in the beefalo trader thread, it seems that he's under Maxwell's employ for some reason:

(his sprite sheet even has a cigar too)

• Like 1

Carters: The Effect of The Codex Umbra (Part 2 of 3)

10 years later...

“Wendy! Abigail! Come here you two! Stop playing near the rose bushes. You might get pricked by the thorns.” Cindy called.

“Coming mom!”

Jack was on his way home from a full day’s work. He could hear his family. His entire day going to different places regarding the disappearances of people over the past few months. First it was Wilson Higgsbury. Then an orphaned girl named Willow. The circus strongman,  Wolfgang. He recently went to the police about it but unfortunately police officer, Albert Higgsbury, had no leads to his brother’s case. Then he went to library, looking for anything related to the past that concern the disappearances. He also wondered if this was related to the disappearance of Nightingale. But he focused on his family, for now.

“Honey, I’m home.”

“Daddy!” The twins said as they hugged him.

“Happy Birthday my sweet flowers!” He kisses both of them on the cheek and hugs them back.

“What about me?” Cindy said.

“I would never forget about you.”

Jack kissed Cindy. The twins giggled.

*knock**knock**knock*

“Someone’s at the door. Cindy could you take care of these two while I go answer it?”

“Sure.”

Jack goes towards the door and opens it and surprised at who it is.

“Ma’am Wickerbottom. What brings you to my home at this time?”

“Mr. Carter may I speak to you for a moment?”

“What is it about?”

“It’s about your brother, Maxwell.”

“Alright but away from here. As far as my wife and kids are concerned, his name William.”

They walked deep into the forest. The trees grew thick. Light barely passed through them. He hears footsteps in the distance coming closer.

“We’ll wait. He’s almost here.”

Mr. Higgsbury comes into view and approaches them.

“Nice to see, that you’re here, Carter.”

“What are you doing here? I thought this concerned my brother.”

“It does. It’s just that he knows a little more than I do.”

“What do you mean?”

“The theatre that went down years ago thanks to Maxwell and his book.”

“Look, I’m concerned about that book as much as the next person but everyone knows I turned my back on magic years ago. And you’re telling me that Maxwell is using magic for what?! Bringing down buildings and causing accidents.”

“Jeez! Don’t get so worked up. Although your brother did find the Codex Umbra and this is really bad. So yes get worked up.”

“I thought the Codex Umbra was a myth. Said to be written by a family with great magical abilities.”

“True and because of that it is known to contain great powers and spells. Unfortunately due to its power that family could not control it. Soon enough it invaded them turning them into and shadows.”

“As every family that wields magic knows that book created its own realm where it keeps these shadows. Anyone who is there and goes insane will die there and become Them!”

“What are you saying?”

Were saying that your brother might have been taken over the Codex Umbra and is using him to get its desires. It won’t stop until it has everyone. Haven’t you noticed the disappearances?”

“Yeah of course, your son was first… then a girl from the asylum and then a man from the circus.”

“They all are coming from the families of magic.”

“Haha… You expect me that you, Vincent / Mr. Higgsbury has magic. No offence but your family had no magic for the past hundred years and your sons have no trace of magic left!”

“Don’t push your luck, Jack. He’s trying to help.”

“No Wickerbottom. I already said what I have needed to. I gave him his warning. It’s his decision to listen it or not. I’m out of here, it’s nearly night.”

“Don’t let the branches hit you on the way out!” Jack continued giving no respect.

Vincent stops walking and says without turning

“I feel pity for you Jack…

For a man with a good family…

You really have no concerns about what happens to them, do you…

I might have lived my life with them hating me…

But at least I would do anything for them even if that meant breaking them and betraying them…”

Vincent left shrouded in darkness.

“What is wrong between the Carter’s and the Higgsbury’s? Your dumb dispute on which family is stronger in terms is affecting everyone.” Wickerbottom says.

She turns around and notices that Jack had left. She wonders, Could this be an effect of the Codex Umbra?

Just to note a few things:

• Mr. Higgsbury / Vincent is a widower who lost his wife, Victoria, soon after Albert was born and owned the theatre that Maxwell and Charlie performed in. But after the accident, he’s been using his retirement money to sustain himself.

• The Higgsbury family and the Carter family have been disputing over their magic strengths for years but the dispute didn’t continue to Wilson, Albert, Wendy, Abigail and Nightingale. (Carter's may use more magic but are more easily taken over by temptation, Higgsbury's may not often use it but are less prone to going insane)

• Jack Carter doesn't want the dispute or the Carter family problems to come to him or his family. So he leaves magic, forever hoping that it would go away but it didn't.

(1:25 a.m. had to post this because I'll be busy and might post late again tomorrow)

• Like 2

Interesting that the Carters and Higgburys have a history in your AU. And a mention of Willow and Wolfgang was pretty cool too. I wonder if the preforming artist is Wigfrid :p

I was gonna make Book of Shadows references but lost the last one at Wilson's parents being called Vincent and Victoria so yeah XD

Will this story explain how Albert got pulled into their world?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Will this story explain how Albert got pulled into their world?

No. Because this story is about how abigail and Wendy made it to the DS world and what happened to Jack afterwards. As the order of unlocking them with XP is Wilson as a starting character, Willow then Wolfgang after that is Wendy.

And I told how Albert went into the DS world but not in this forum.

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

His sprite file is named "jack" and fans are worried that beefalo trader could be Maxwell's brother but in the beefalo trader thread, it seems that he's under Maxwell's employ for some reason:

@minespatch I might have come up with two theories. "Fight or Flight" which will be in the last part of this story.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I was gonna make Book of Shadows references but lost the last one at Wilson's parents being called Vincent and Victoria so yeah XD

I read very little about the Book of Shadows in Deviant Art. (I have this problem with reading other people's stories because sometimes I forget the ideas are not mine. It takes weeks for me to make a different event and use a story for inspiration)

This entire story was naturally based on the things I could come up in my head and the theories, game knowledge and other things I could come up with.

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

I read very little about the Book of Shadows in Deviant Art. (I have this problem with reading other people's stories because sometimes I forget the ideas are not mine. It takes weeks for me to make a different event and use a story for inspiration)

This entire story was naturally based on the things I could come up in my head and the theories, game knowledge and other things I could come up with.

I read it completely, along with Survive the Shadows. I love that story ^_^