World Generation Ideas

More world gen options in general would be nice, including not always starting in the sandstone biome. But yea, number of starting dupes would be the biggest adjustment. I'd say start with 4 as a default if we want to up the pace a hair.

Good good but think of the newbs. You need to have world settings and presets like you have in DST or people would be confused by how the hell they are supposed to set up things for balanced fun rate. And some nightmare hard mode too. Imagine pure cold pure hot or just pure temperate worlds, that would be such pain in hot/cold ones. Temperate would be pain too if you had to cool everything yourself.

I would really love to have seeds for worlds so you can kind of get something decent to start off with kind of like Minecraft. As it is I reload several times to get a map I like. Not everyone would want that, but I'm sure that I am not the only one.

Levels of Difficulty:

Easy - 25% bigger start biome.

Normal - What we currently have.

Hard - 25% less start biome.

Hardcore - 50% less start biome.

Another idea I had was not having the start biome not be dead center of the map. The best way to do it is if you break down the map into 5x5 squares. Currently the start biome is in the center square, but with it being able to move it can be anywhere in the inside 9 squares. You could run into trouble by having your start biome in a corner with no real resources.

The same concept could also be applied when it comes to where the Dupe Generator spawns in the start biome. The Dupe Generator could appear at the bottom or top making it a challenge to build your colony layout.

Archived