Using resources from a specific storage container

Is there any way to tell duplicates to construct something with resources stored in a specific storage container? Lets says I have a bunch of raw material stored at a certain temperature i want to use. Can i somehow tell my duplicates to use that resource only when building? (I'm aware you can do it if you ONLY store that material at a certain temperature, but if you have multiple temps for the same material can you do it? eg different temps of mined abyssalite)

I think if you disable a storage container, dupes will stop taking material from it. So if you organize materials carefully placing each material in specific container, you can disable all but one for certain material before you start building. If that doesn't work you can restrict access to containers using powered mechanical airlocks, exposing only those you want to let dupes use.

But for abyssalite it's irrelevant what temperature you'll use. Its thermal conductivity is so abysmal that it won't have any noticable effect on temperature of things around. The only practical effect is that things built off it will have the same color on the thermal overlay.

44 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

I think if you disable a storage container, dupes will stop taking material from it. So if you organize materials carefully placing each material in specific container, you can disable all but one for certain material before you start building. If that doesn't work you can restrict access to containers using powered mechanical airlocks, exposing only those you want to let dupes use.

But for abyssalite it's irrelevant what temperature you'll use. Its thermal conductivity is so abysmal that it won't have any noticable effect on temperature of things around. The only practical effect is that things built off it will have the same color on the thermal overlay.

It's all about having matching color overlays :p Gotta do it just right!

Archived