ONI Tips and Tricks

Hello!  I'd like to share some things I've learned while playing ONI, if you have any tips that can be useful, feel free to comment them too!

How to contain poluted oxygen from the outhouse and compost:

Outhouse room.png

oxygen overlay outhouse.png

By putting the outhouse and compost into a airlock sealed room, the polluted oxygen will not spread throughout the base. be sure to include an algae deoxydizer and an air deodorizer as well to make sure the room doesn't become a pocket of carbon dioxide and polluted oxygen!

Managing excess carbon dioxide:

carbon dioxide pit.png

carbon dioxide pit.png

I built a small area under my base for carbon dioxide to gather, and by building a whole bunch of algae terrariums I was able to get rid of excess carbon dioxide. 

Controlling polluted water/vomit from duplicants:

small little walls.png

On each room of my base I put one tile at the end of each room so that if a duplicant vomits or makes a mess, the polluted water will be contained within the area and it won't overflow into other areas.

Keeping unbreathable areas from contaminating your base:

passageway.png

creating passageways like this one to unbreathable areas will contain whatever unwanted gasses there are, however, I do think that using mechanized airlocks would be more helpful.

That is all I have for now, please share any tips if you have any!

11 hours ago, Qotice said:

On each room of my base I put one tile at the end of each room so that if a duplicant vomits or makes a mess, the polluted water will be contained within the area and it won't overflow into other areas.

I find it more effective to build the base from mesh.

Would't water lock be better to protect vs outside 

13 hours ago, Qotice said:

Keeping unbreathable areas from contaminating your base:

passageway.png

creating passageways like this one to unbreathable areas will contain whatever unwanted gasses there are, however, I do think that using mechanized airlocks would be more helpful.

That is all I have for now, please share any tips if you have any!

Would't water lock be better that this approach?

Also depending on outside pressure, you can have higher pressure in your base and be safe. For example in my current base, i am at 2kg o2 in main base and gasses outside are at 1-1.6kg, so my base pressure protects from them coming in.

its a slow way out, probably a lavatory outside needed, saves few useless trips

i use cheaty doors, they contain everything until max pressure, just close the room diagonally and leave a tile space under the door 

water locks were better but now there is a "wet" debuff

for example a room 2x3 of size with a deoxydizer runs ages on 100 kg algae and releases some oxygen outside each time door opens but doesnt let inside any gas, also a safe point to take a breath

17 hours ago, Qotice said:

Hello!  I'd like to share some things I've learned while playing ONI, if you have any tips that can be useful, feel free to comment them too!

How to contain poluted oxygen from the outhouse and compost:

Outhouse room.png

oxygen overlay outhouse.png

By putting the outhouse and compost into a airlock sealed room, the polluted oxygen will not spread throughout the base. be sure to include an algae deoxydizer and an air deodorizer as well to make sure the room doesn't become a pocket of carbon dioxide and polluted oxygen!

Managing excess carbon dioxide:

carbon dioxide pit.png

carbon dioxide pit.png

I built a small area under my base for carbon dioxide to gather, and by building a whole bunch of algae terrariums I was able to get rid of excess carbon dioxide. 

Controlling polluted water/vomit from duplicants:

small little walls.png

Outhouse Room

You don't need the Algae Deoxydizer in there. The Polluted Oxygen created gives you all the air you need and the Air Deodorizer cleans it.

Managing CO2

I use an Air Scrubber. When area cleaned of CO2 the Scubber doesn't use Water and the Polluted Water can go to plants or Fertilizer.

Polluted Water

I put Air Mesh tiles in bottom corners of rooms. It blocks the liquid, but allows collecting CO2 to leave.

Archived