Let the player control the intake of liquid pumps

I like to transfer natural sources of water to my own water reservoir. But with the current input capacity of liquid pumps (-10 kg/s according to gamepedia) I have a very hard time doing that.

My suggestion is to add some sort of intake control panel to the existing panel of liquid pumps (accessible by leftclicking), which lets the player control the input capacity, and maybe tie that to the power consumption.

The pump can't be pumping more, 10 kg/s is maximum capacity of liquid pipes too. You can install multiple pumps and run multiple parallel pipes to overcome that limit. Somebody has suggested high capacity pipes but that's just a suggestion at present.

If the water you want to transfer is above your reservoir, you can dig/build a tunnel of suitable shape and let the water flow straight to the reservoir under its own weight. That's the highest capacity liquid transfer in the game at present, too. It's also a good reason to build water reservoirs at low lying places.

On 28.5.2017 at 10:32 PM, Masterpintsman said:

With 10kg/s you can transfer one tile of clean water in 100s (= 6 tiles ot 6000kg of clean water per cycle).

You think that isn't enough?

You explicitly say "clean water", is it different with polluted water? Because the reason i wrote this suggestion is that i had a natural source of polluted water, which contained approx. 15 tiles and it took forever to transfer, even when using two pumps at the same time.

Archived