a bug where your dudes wont get on the massage chair :(

this is what keeps causing issues in my ecosystem. it seems my guys wont even start to de-stress, so i end up with a bunch of people rage-punching everything or peeing on things..

please fix. 

Works for me, check:

- the massage table is powered (wheel+battery+table alone on a circuit helps)
- duplicants are allowed to use the table (jobs screen)
- massage table has high enough priority (8 for table and wheel works wonders, just don't paint that much 8-9 other stuff)
- massage table maximum stress is set low enough (I run mine with 30-40 max and 0 for minimum stress)
- duplicants are able to reach it (show havigation in a duplicant information window)

Really massage tables should be set lower stress max. If you are in the unfortunate position of having many dupes over the threshold with not enough massage tables to reduce all their stress then while one dupe is spending a ton of time getting stress reduced the other dupes stress will continue to increase. If the one that comes off the table at 0% starts to build up stress again an endless cycle might begin. Where too many dupes require massaging and there's not enough time to get them to zero before the next one that needs massaging reaches an even higher stress level.

Reduce the threshold. Build more tables as population increases. Don't attach the power to other systems. Create a small network of wheel, battery, table. Retain a full battery on a single circuit ready to accept a dupe at any time.

9 hours ago, Moggles said:

Really massage tables should be set lower stress max. If you are in the unfortunate position of having many dupes over the threshold with not enough massage tables to reduce all their stress then while one dupe is spending a ton of time getting stress reduced the other dupes stress will continue to increase. If the one that comes off the table at 0% starts to build up stress again an endless cycle might begin. Where too many dupes require massaging and there's not enough time to get them to zero before the next one that needs massaging reaches an even higher stress level.

Reduce the threshold. Build more tables as population increases. Don't attach the power to other systems. Create a small network of wheel, battery, table. Retain a full battery on a single circuit ready to accept a dupe at any time.

Actually reducing the threshold won't help. If your table destroys less stress than what's the sum of stress your other dupes will gain over the same period, there's no way out manipulating the threshold. You can try to tackle it by increasing the stress at which the dupe will leave the table, chopping off the peaks and leveling the stress up among your dupes but you ultimately need more stress reduction (massage tables/art/good food) or less stress applied to your dupes (cleaning debris, removing/hiding ugly buildings,...).

when you mess around the floor under massage it gets bugged, i built door under it and after opening, and closing got bugged until reload, guess can be same with replacing or deleting tiles and remaking them

On 5/29/2017 at 3:52 AM, Kasuha said:

Actually reducing the threshold won't help. If your table destroys less stress than what's the sum of stress your other dupes will gain over the same period, there's no way out manipulating the threshold. You can try to tackle it by increasing the stress at which the dupe will leave the table, chopping off the peaks and leveling the stress up among your dupes but you ultimately need more stress reduction (massage tables/art/good food) or less stress applied to your dupes (cleaning debris, removing/hiding ugly buildings,...).

Honestly though I dont think its fair that now we need power supply for something we had to use free. I can power up 4 things with a single battery and a wheel but cant power up 2 massage tables. Also the descriptions never tell you anything. I ended up resetting a 190 cycle world with nothing more than oxygen and C02 because.1) Purifiers now produce polluted dirt, and 3) my dupes ran mad because, again, the tables now need energy. Even if they dont go back to free massage tables at least get the old feature back which allowed you to set an owner so dupes dont stay for that long.

2 hours ago, Ianar said:

Honestly though I dont think its fair that now we need power supply for something we had to use free. I can power up 4 things with a single battery and a wheel but cant power up 2 massage tables.

I agree the power demand of the table could be reduced, two wheels to power three tables is a lot. But if you had to give up 150 cycles old base due to stress then you likely neglected art - the other way to deal with stress, completely passive and, when used appropriately, making massage tables almost unused. Place it around dupe mess tables, around their beds, around hamster wheels, around containers, place it everywhere dupes spend a lot of time and you'll never need to run massage tables again. You can also place it around massage tables to make them more effective. Massage tables are most important at early stages where you don't have art researched and can't have a good artist yet. At later stages, I only need one massage table set to 1% and priority 1 in high decor zone and its purpose is to draw idle dupes from around the map to a high decor zone where they won't get stressed while idling.

2 hours ago, Ianar said:

Even if they dont go back to free massage tables at least get the old feature back which allowed you to set an owner so dupes dont stay for that long.

I found the new massage table setup much more convenient than how it worked before. Fast or slow dupe switching, the table deals with certain amount of stress per second and when I need to cut off the stress peaks, I can set the lower limit to e.g. 30 to reduce the time spent on the table.

Archived