[Suggestions] My thoughts on improvements

I spent little more than 30 hours ingame and here are few things i would like to see...

1. Add textures for different building materials

So what is bothering me in game is little cosmetic and also i think would be helpfull to track in late game what you done at the beginning.

Everything you build you can choose different material which give you some extra property like Decor + or Overheat Temp +.

You are building with base sandstone and than later you get better material which is different color and texture, but you always get ingame same texture of tile, wire, statue,...

What i had in mind for tile:

TILENAME.jpg

2. Hardness of material in tile (not sure if there one or not)

I see there is Hardness of raw material but there is no hardness in tile. Sometime raw material can hold huge amout of water without problem, but tile with same material is just like raw sandstotne, you get warrning high pressure is damaging tile and it get destroyed easy.

3. Auto select of other material when repairing damage if you run out of base-build one.

Example: Copper Wire is destroyed, you dont have any copper ore, duplicant will take Gold Amalgam or any other and fixed and upgraded wire by him self.

4. Animal Update

Catch animal, transfer animal, store,....

Now is more building around them to trap them in some room...

5. Nuklear Update

Nuklear Power, Special dress which would allow duplicant to pick radioactive material, special container to transport radioactive material. Nuclear power plant, which would use water to cool down core and get out steam. And at end if damage to nuclear power plant would be huge.....BOOOOM no more asteroid, game over.

7 hours ago, M4rk said:

TILENAME.jpg

I would really like to see this happening.

7 hours ago, M4rk said:

Hardness of material in tile (not sure if there one or not)

This iirc is happening, but the difference isn't that big.
Try with water basins, one made from sandstone and the other from granite.

7 hours ago, M4rk said:

Auto select of other material when repairing damage if you run out of base-build one.

I don't want my duplicants waste my wolframite on wires, unless instructed to.

14 hours ago, Masterpintsman said:

I don't want my duplicants waste my wolframite on wires, unless instructed to.

Maybe there is solution to that, just add check box same as its for working or food. what material is ok to replace with.

23 hours ago, M4rk said:

TILENAME.jpg

2. Hardness of material in tile (not sure if there one or not)

I see there is Hardness of raw material but there is no hardness in tile. Sometime raw material can hold huge amout of water without problem, but tile with same material is just like raw sandstotne, you get warrning high pressure is damaging tile and it get destroyed easy.

Agreed that a few more textures for tiles would be great.

In regards to hardness of tiles that is already in the game. The tile will inherit the hardness of the material it is built from.

Single tile thick walls made of granite will support more weight than sandstone for example.

Your suggestion of more tile textures would make it easier to see the hardness visibly. For now you can highlight the tile and check the material in the details tab.

Or maybe load, pressure and durability overlay?

Wouldn't it be neat if we could see how much pressure given tile is experiencing. It would require logarithmic scale for pressure because we can have as little as 0 and as much as 1000 kg worth of fluid in given space. This could be dark blue to red. Hardness scale could be grey scale then.

4 hours ago, Prepostersauce said:

My friends and I have discussed the texture changes for different materials since the beginning. The main thing I'd be looking forward to seeing is how good my abyssalite insulation looks =P

Abyssalite should be removed from normal tile material list and be exclusive to insulated ones (and the list for these reduced to abyssalite, so we have room for other future materials with good insulation -possibly even crafted ones like foam...), imho.

1 minute ago, Masterpintsman said:

Abyssalite should be removed from normal tile material list and be exclusive to insulated ones (and the list for these reduced to abyssalite, so we have room for other future materials with good insulation -possibly even crafted ones like foam...), imho.

I kind of agree that combination of insulated buildings and abyssalite as material is strange. I would however start with making abyssalite way more rare, reducing yield from a dug tile to fraction of current so people are careful about using it. And maybe making special category, super-insulated tile/pipe/pipe that uses abyssalite, but leaving insulated tiles and pipes from standard materials in place for where they're sufficient.

Archived