I'm still learning how to play the game. But I can't help but notice that no matter what I do, I can't get my farming plants to develop. I think farming needs to be made easier.

Also, I think it would be awesome to have a short tutorial about how to play the game, especially regarding the farming aspect.

There's a lot of info available both on the planter and on the plant itself, what conditions the plant needs to grow, what conditions are optimal for it, what's the plant complaining about right now. Just read the descriptions, it's all there.

The basic food tutorial now is "Put 3 pots of Sleet Wheat per dupe in a cold biome. Cook Frost Buns and replant as needed. Don't let the cold biome overheat. Try to keep some gas there. Eat what you can before your first harvest." The hard part is getting your first 25 Sleet Wheat Grain, surviving until you have it, and surviving until your first harvest.

Also, I think the game doesn't have a tutorial yet because it's nowhere near feature complete, and because a lot of things are explained in the item descriptions.

Archived