Natural Gas 'Generator Idle' despite empty batteries

Don't run your CO2 pipes through the machines - they don't like it - always use a "bracket" for routing your substances :) 

gaspipes.png

Hope that makes sense - also helps hugely with the even distribution of gasses/fluids.

(Basically your CO2 pipe is getting backed up and toggling the generator into an idle state)

2 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

gaspipes.png

Even this is not enough in my experience - the junction will alternate the packets, meaning the packet generated by the output will wait at the output for one second quite often. And for that second, the generator may stop. You need the branch to be at least two pipe segments long so that the packet from the output can leave the segment where the output is and eventually merge with the packet waiting at the junction.

Personally I now prefer merging the outputs using pipe bridges. They will merge packets right in the collector pipe.

1 minute ago, Ciderblock said:

What does this look like, exactly?

Schematic:

F4iwwaI.jpg

Practical implementation example:

ncjFNLL.jpg

Works until the pipe is full of 1000 g packets. That means, one pipe can handle 12 NG generators.

13 hours ago, Kasuha said:

Even this is not enough in my experience - the junction will alternate the packets, meaning the packet generated by the output will wait at the output for one second quite often. And for that second, the generator may stop. You need the branch to be at least two pipe segments long so that the packet from the output can leave the segment where the output is and eventually merge with the packet waiting at the junction.

Personally I now prefer merging the outputs using pipe bridges. They will merge packets right in the collector pipe.

Made you a quick video as it was easier to explain than taking a bajillion screenies :) 

Hope that makes sense, it was a bit rushed - had to grab a shower and time was ticking. Tl:DR - pipes will share the gasses/packets just fine provided you don't run your pipe through consecutive inputs/outputs.

41 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Made you a quick video as it was easier to explain than taking a bajillion screenies :) 

You are concentrating on NG packets while my concern was about CO2 packets on output. I had very similar setup during closed testing and the generator blocked if the junction delayed the packet from the output. It's not happening in your video but I'm not sure why or what exactly happens in your pipes, the junctions don't seem to be alternating packets as usual. So either devs changed it to merging already, or there's gas building up in your output pipes and it happens particularly in the T-junction you used, and it will start blocking when the pipe fills up. I can't tell from your video.

67nT7Os.png

1 hour ago, Lifegrow said:

CO2 goes to 4 "pressure bugged" vents, no build up whatsoever.

Okay, I just tested it and yes, T-junctions merge packets now. That's big because it didn't work that way before. I didn't notice that mentioned anywhere in patch notes, that's why I assumed it still works the same as before. Good, thanks for the heads up.

5 hours ago, Kasuha said:

Okay, I just tested it and yes, T-junctions merge packets now. That's big because it didn't work that way before. I didn't notice that mentioned anywhere in patch notes, that's why I assumed it still works the same as before. Good, thanks for the heads up.

Yeah there's been a few cheeky changes i've noticed have slipped the net too :D Wasn't trying to prove you wrong buddy, just couldn't explain it any other way.

Archived