I'm trying to figure out what to do with all my water.  First, the clean water:
I have tapped one geyser which is continually pumping water into a pool.  The pool feeds two electrolysis devices that are running nearly continually to provide oxygen for 13 dupes.  Though lately they've been stopping due to gas backup, which means I need more dupes.  I'm also feeding into 8 hydroponic farms, 5 air scrubbers, and 11 algae terrariums, 5 showers, and  7 toilets.  So, I'm not running out of clean water, nor am I overflowing.  Its balanced.
Second, the polluted water:  This is where I'm running into troubles.  Currently I've tapped two natural gas geysers that are currently providing fuel for 9 generators.  Strangely, I can't get ahead of the power drain, but that's a topic for another post.  Anyway, the 9 generators create 607.5g/s of polluted water.  This is added to by the outputs from the oxygen scrubbers, toilets, and showers.  Additionally, to help cut down on sublimation, I've crunched all my slime through distillers.  I ran out of sand about 100 cycles ago, so at the moment the only way I have to get rid of polluted water is hydroponic farm tiles growing mealwood or pincha pepperplants.  This is not nearly enough.  Even if I could purify the water, it would simply make me overflow with clean water instead of polluted.  I still have plenty of map space left, but if I continue to scale up, I'm going to run out of places to put water.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

TL;DR:  At 340 cycles, running into a surplus of water.  Don't know how to get rid of it.

Too Much Water.JPG

4 minutes ago, azmod2000 said:

Try sealing off the clean water geyser and get your clean water by purifying the polluted water. 

Other than that, you might have just simply run into the limit of the game's content. 

As I mentioned, I ran out of sand a long time ago.  I suppose I could set up a boiler system to purify.  Might take me a couple hundred cycles to get it built in a way that I don't cook my base in the process. Hmm.

To stop inflow from the geyser, just stop pumping water from it and let it overpressurize. You may need to make sure the walls are thick enough.

Here's my geyser and as you can see, it's flooded to the top and doesn't produce any water anymore until I turn the switch on and start drawing the water again.

8CLGnEy.jpg

I have it in natural tiles because I was lazy to build containment around it but it would work the same way with a container built of wall tiles.

To get rid of polluted water, either build a lot of fertilizer makers, a lot of gas generators, and a lot of air scrubbers (which will also help you with using up your clean water reserve), or build a large irrigated Pincha Pepper farm.

This is what I have and it's drawing my polluted water reserve like crazy.

CSo2B3t.jpg

fertilizer makers and plants use the polluted water

you can make dirty water from geyser by mixing with dirty water from  3 sides i think

doors are immune to pressure so just block off geyser with closed doors

I certainly can stop my geyser, that's not the issue.  However, without sand, the geyser is my only source of clean water.  Without it, I can't make oxygen. The problem is the polluted water.  

I guess the solutions I'm left with are: A bloody ton of pincha peppernuts, a large number of fertilizer makers (I'll need at least 9 just to keep up with the output from my showers/toilets), and/or a boiler room.

1 hour ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

I certainly can stop my geyser, that's not the issue.  However, without sand, the geyser is my only source of clean water.  Without it, I can't make oxygen. The problem is the polluted water.  

I guess the solutions I'm left with are: A bloody ton of pincha peppernuts, a large number of fertilizer makers (I'll need at least 9 just to keep up with the output from my showers/toilets), and/or a boiler room.

Make a crap load of fertilizer makers and seal off the room - I did this in my stream playthrough and was consuming enough water to keep things balanced, with the added bonus of infinite fertilizer. Extra-added bonus : Plenty of Natural Gas to feed into power gens for even more power :)

That room is currently 56k/tile of natural gas - one pump can feed 8 natural gas gens comfortably, keeping your negative draw to a minimum. Have fun :) 

gasfert.png

20 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

TL;DR:  At 340 cycles, running into a surplus of water.  Don't know how to get rid of it.

MOP it ! Problem solved.

How come you have so many Air Scrubbers ? I have only 1 and its not even running all the time. My base runs at the fraction of your infrastructure and I have 15 Dupes.

Note : some plants use clean water.

Since nobody mentioned "The Void," I happened to found a natural one while removing the fog of war in debug mode to see the map.

If you force liquid through the void (a room with a v-shape where the void is sitting at the bottom tile of the 'v'), the void will suck the liquid out into oblivion.

Archived