Excuuuuse me for just taddeling on in here but i havent found any usefull information online and i just can't figure it out by myself. Well anyway, I was just playing some bla bla, ok get to the point... I was building the Toilet you require water for. So I set up a purifire and outlet connected everything with pipes and was then shocked to see that my plan hadnt worked like it had so many other times. The reason is, the pipe is blocked. The Toilet works 1 time bevore it just stops pumping out waste water. it does not pump it into the purifier and halts everything. Same thing with the showers. Sooooo is there Anything im missing here? I'll propably add some screenshots if you are confused and trying to help. Thanks in advance!Unbenannt.png

Your purifier pipe is not actually connected to your lavatory pipe, and in fact appears to be connected to a vent for some reason. Also, there is a water packet in the pipe to the lavatory on the right, which you will need to remove.

Also, I wouldn't bother to use a purifier on your lavatory anyway. Here are a few reasons:

• You can't run it closed loop, because a lavatory makes more polluted water than the water it produces.
  • A purifier emits a lot of heat, takes significant power, and requires sand, a finite resource.
  • Polluted water is useful for fertilizer (at least if you're using fertilizer, which you don't actually need to do in the AU release).
  • It won't even save you that much water. A dupe (with neither Diver's Lungs nor Mouth Breather nor Small Bladder) needs 5 kg of water to excrete each cycle, vs. 75 kg to breathe. So the lavatory is only 6.25% of the total.

Purifying lavatory water could be useful in a lean min/max build (6.25% water savings = 6.67% more dupes on the same number of geysers), but otherwise it's not doing you much good.

2 hours ago, Ciderblock said:

• at least if you're using fertilizer, which you don't actually need to do in the AU release)

Care to elaborate further? What do you do when the plants scream for fertilizer?

Unless you just don't use those fancy new tiles. Well that's an option. 

Cheers.

1 hour ago, DupeSlaver said:

Care to elaborate further? What do you do when the plants scream for fertilizer?

Cheers.

They can scream all they want. It isn't a requirement for growth.

18 hours ago, DupeSlaver said:

Cheers.

Sleet wheat grows just fine in a cold pot. 1 seed yields 8 cycles' rations for 1 dupe (subtracting off the re-planting), and they take 20 cycles to grow if they don't get stifled, so in theory 2.5 pots per dupe is enough. 3 gives a safety net for stifling and also allows you to expand each harvest. The only challenge is finding a grown sleet wheat plant in the wild.

I don't find the new agriculture mechanics self-motivating, so I don't bother with them.

Archived